Beckerhead's Other Choppers

I keep that gerber and a entrenching tool under the rear seat of my truck. Handy combination for off roading
I like that machete a lot. Works very well for overgrowth, as well as chopping, plus the little hook comes in handy for the stubborn stuff. :thumbsup:

View attachment 1104681 My new Busse BG Fusion Battle Mistress arrived today. I’ve owned one of these before but sold it to help pay for an overseas trip. I forgot how much I like this thing
I like some of the Busses and would like to check out infi. I just haven’t been able to find anywhere to purchase them. They never seem to have any infi choppers for sale on their own website. Seems strange to me.

I like some of the Busses and would like to check out infi. I just haven’t been able to find anywhere to purchase them. They never seem to have any infi choppers for sale on their own website. Seems strange to me.
Every few months they release a new knife in limited quantities, they sell out fast. The best place to find them is on the exchange here on bladeforums. Usually priced reasonably too. I’ve owned quite a few in both INFI and SR101 and have had great experiences with both. :thumbsup:

I keep that gerber and a entrenching tool under the rear seat of my truck. Handy combination for off roading
I have two entrenching tools. They’re classic. I keep one in my car. Many years ago I used it and a fiskar’s hatchet to remove frozen blocks of ice that were barricading my and my neighbors’ cars in. Those poor streets! ;)

knife prawn

IMG_6091-X5.jpg

How does the buck froe compare to the other choppers?

it's thick, it's sharp, has a good handle (if brittle - walnut)... chops well, esp light limbing. good little tool, 5160...

it's also got quite the obtuse profile - it is after all meant to split, and it works well, in shingle grade stuff, and other related tasks. not quite the right thing for big splits, but i do like it quite a lot. mine made a LOT of kindling by the fireplace one year.

Put me down as a HATE HATE HATE for the Ka-Bar's handles.
honestly, I really feel bad for saying it, and feeling that way..... I'd love the backstory on how/why they made it on to So many blades???
Can you imagine Any of the Adventurer and Zombie series with Ethan's handle? Gosh, I'd go bankrupt buying them ALL!

Seriously, I bet it was an Oops? Someone probably made a concept scale, and snuck it into the production without anyone's approval? It's difficult to believe a group of designers/engineers/marketing/and exec's passed it around and Everyone liking how it feels?

The second I picked mine up, and held it I said WTF?
Old Hickory, plain straight, cheap walnut scales feel a million times better. No Joke.

Are our hands really all that different? I understand the subtle differences, but I'd love to be told I'm wrong.
Does ANYONE here find them handles/scales even remotely as comfortable as Ethan's? Who were they designed for?

*Now as far as the blade and steel itself.... The Parangatang is the Most AMAZING mass produced blade! Wow does it do Everything....
It's crazy Awesome, Everyone should own one! I love mine, but I re-handled it with something we are all familiar with...hahah. (there are pics here, somewhere)

well, there is definitely a back story :D

Steve Johnson's actual original handles are pretty nice.

i don't find what KaBar came up with bad, it's a bit like a khukri, you like it or you don't.

you can even fix that up, but six of one and half a dozen of another.

oh yeah, that Benchmade one :D i'm not sure where i put mine now :D lol...

Back