Beckers for gutting/skinning?

I have so many knives for hunting, I realized I have never used any of my Beckers for gutting or skinning game!!! Which Beckers have you found work well as gutters and/or skinners?

I imagine the 11 and 16 would be my first picks, but Id like to hear from guys that have used them in these roles.

Thank you!

it did fine - little longer blade and slightly less point than ideal, but with practice I probably wouldn't notice.

Ive used the 15 on a bunch of deer. It is one I always have with me. I used the 62 as well. I prefer the choil and blade shape on the 15, but both work good.

The 17 seems as though it would be good for field dressing though I am not speaking from experience.

I have used my beloved 15 for cubing up stew meat and other butchering chores once back home.

I think an 11-size blade on a tweener handle would be the bizness. Ugly, tho.
In fact, I carried an Cam 11 as my deer knife for awhile (never used it for that, Psyop has it now - what happened to him??). But I wanted something with LESS blade and MORE handle. Basically got me into knifemaking.

But in any case, I'd pick the 14 or 24. LOVE the tweener handles, but the blades are a bit long for whitetail, IMO.
For skinning I'd pick the 15 or a shorter 'muk.

I think an 11-size blade on a tweener handle would be the bizness. Ugly, tho.
In fact, I carried an Cam 11 as my deer knife for awhile (never used it for that, Psyop has it now - what happened to him??). But I wanted something with LESS blade and MORE handle. Basically got me into knifemaking.

But in any case, I'd pick the 14 or 24. LOVE the tweener handles, but the blades are a bit long for whitetail, IMO.
For skinning I'd pick the 15 or a shorter 'muk.

my goal for a 24 is to pick up or make a set of extended scales then blend out the dongle to make it a full 3-finger handle and maybe lightly clip the blade -- like I did with my previous 14.

Back