BeckerWest Fall 2017 Nov 10th-12th

I can't offer a carpool ride just yet as I don't even know who all's going with me, but if I had a seat available and schedules lined up you'd be welcome in it. I'm assuming you're closer to me than most others heading the gathering.

OY6sasH.jpg

Was just looking at the calander and counting down the day last night :) Got a nice new to me BK29 to play with too!

I just realized when I looked at my calendar this morning: 10 days... Good times will be had.

I need to start getting my gear together...

It’s coming right up!
I still need to get my gear together too...

Talked with Awesome-0 and he’s gonna have to bow out this time. He said he that weekend interfered with his Quilting Bee... You’ll be missed buddy, but there’s always next Spring.

Sounds like Nick might carpool down there with me. Good times will be had indeed!

If anyone has a spare pop up canopy please bring it! Mine finally took a dump on me. There’s a chance I could borrow one, but the more the merrier.

Fire wood too guys. I'll check, but I might be able to get some, and it might be too green still too.

I'm excited! I can use the time in the bush! I need to start getting my shtuff together. I'm packing light this time since it's just me and I don't have much to bring.

I'm not sure how much I can bring but I have some old wood from when my parents moved I could grab. I'll have 3 people in the car so it may just be too tight to fit in my wood.

Not too far off now! Billy and I are already looking forward to corned beef hash and egg burritos!!! Going to drag a box of factory knives along to blow out to clear out the clutter in my cave. Gonna be some serious good deals!!! Other than that, looking to relax and hang out with everyone once again! I’ll bring down my old pop up too :)

Not too far off now! Billy and I are already looking forward to corned beef hash and egg burritos!!! Going to drag a box of factory knives along to blow out to clear out the clutter in my cave. Gonna be some serious good deals!!! Other than that, looking to relax and hang out with everyone once again! I’ll bring down my old pop up too :)

I was gonna bring a couple as trade stock. Bringing another BK24 this one doesn't have any markings on it though. I was only able to finish one knife, hopefully I'll get my other one done (it's a prototype). Just needs sharpening and a sheath.

Looking forward to seeing everyone! And the down time! I've been super busy with life for too long!

Billy is good with a tape measure!!!!!! His engine runs on Mt Dew and bad choices though so he is not cheap :) We will be down hopefully early Friday.

I am bringing a borrowed popup and a standup gas grill/stove. As of right now, it will just be me unless I bring my 11 year old boy. Which I guess I should probably ask... Anybody else bringing their kids? That will certainly factor in whether or not I bring him.

If the boy comes with, we will throw up a tent, otherwise I will probably just hang. Aside from whiskey, cigars, and bacon, should I plan on bringing anything to contribute to meals?

Gotta go visit my ailing pops this weekend, so no BeckerWest for me (or my daughter). Though I'll only be about 6 hours away.
Did last weekend's snow get anywhere near the site?

If anyone is heading up 5 through Redding on Friday night let me know - I may have something to contribute.
Otherwise, I'll have to catch you guys on the flip side.

I can bring a folding table but otherwise I'm fresh out of camp furniture. I'll have 2 with me and we'll be trying to get there before Noon on Friday. I believe we'll all be hanging...

Aside from whiskey, cigars, and bacon, should I plan on bringing anything to contribute to meals?

Looks like you have the 3 major food groups already. :D

I just picked up a handful of Landjaeger and will surely be stopping at Ken’s Artisan Bakery in Portland for a 3 kilo boule. AKA-passenger bread.

Stuff to share is always appreciated, but definitely not required. That’s awesome you got a pop up. I was able to borrow one too. Sounds like we’ll have at least 3, so at least we can have a semi-dry bum camp if needed. Might be wet out there.

Had another great time at Becker West!!!! Thanks to all who make this happen! Thanks to Ethan and KaBar for the Box of Joy :) Had some rain Friday but we survived :D Great to see some old friends and make a few new ones! Billy and I had a great time!!!!

That was an absolute blast!

Thank’s a ton to E and Kabar for the prize box. That’s always a big hit and we all appreciate it!
A lot of fun was had. I ate good all weekend and even found time to enjoy a beverage or two.
It was great to see everybody. Awesome-O was able to leave his quilting bee and show up so that was a grand surprise. Dylan left with the belt....but I’ll get it back in the Spring. :D

Arrived home yesterday, unpacked, got cleaned up, and then chilled out for awhile before bed.

I was very happy to be able to put gear away reasonably dry despite the deluge we endured for the first half of the event.

Despite the wet though, my brother, son, and myself had an exceptionally great time and we are already looking forward to spring. I had some reservations about bringing my boy at first but I want to thank you all for not only making it a memorable weekend for him with all the knives he went home with but also making him feel so welcome and putting up with his boyish antics, he truly had a most excellent time.

All in all, it was a terrific weekend, I enjoyed getting to know a lot of you better and am looking forward to the next hang out.

Back