Bedside: What you got right now?

There's a Butaniku (long version) leaning on my nightstand, but only because I haven't gotten around to putting it away yet. Not really an indoor weapon.

add some hearing protection :)
Guns are loud in a house, especially .308's ask me how I know ;)
Plus if a bad guy sees you with Muffs, I think that would be scary for him as you know what you are doing ;)

giphy.gif

add some hearing protection :)
Guns are loud in a house, especially .308's ask me how I know ;)
Plus if a bad guy sees you with Muffs, I think that would be scary for him as you know what you are doing ;)

Ya' know, I am a huge advocate of hearing pro, David, but never, ever thought about putting on muffs if I heard a possible intruder in the house. Seems . . . counterproductive, and likely to lead to a bad result. Rather deaf than dead! But I am notoriously bad at discerning dry humor on the net, so??? o_O:)

Have a set of earplugs ready. Along with a blinding flashlight. Avenues to my sleeping chamber are limited. Going to be investigating by sight alone. I do live by myself, with no foolish neighbors to get past my deadbolts. Who’s ever inside the perimeter can be considered hostile.

I’ve figured out defensive positions, as well as secondary, and alternate positioning. I’m great at maneuvering around the home I’ve occupied for 25 years in the dark. And on the floor.

So I’m as ready as a reasonable man can be. But again this is all without the use of those dangerous firearms, which I never mentioned once in the above text. I am only armed with a slingshot. And ball bearings. Be well all.

Ya' know, I am a huge advocate of hearing pro, David, but never, ever thought about putting on muffs if I heard a possible intruder in the house. Seems . . . counterproductive, and likely to lead to a bad result. Rather deaf than dead! But I am notoriously bad at discerning dry humor on the net, so??? o_O:)

I'm with you Ken on that. I want to hear everything I can before engaging or not.

Have a set of earplugs ready.

........ dear god men..... !!! I do rarely get up on my high horse with the folks I like so much here (and you all qualify) so I please take this as me looking out for you.... ;) For all that is good go out and buy yourselves a set of mid range electronic hearing protection and add it to your gear !!!!!!!! This is two fold, in most cases it actually improves a bit of what you are already hearing but also allows you to retain your auditory function if you are required to discharge more than one round in a confined environment. There is a reason that most police and military now utilise such protection operationally (often also linked to coms), not only for the protection value but also the amplification of other sounds. I have spent big chunks of my life inside confined shooting spaces and have taken more than one round of 5.56/38/40/357/9mm/12ga without hearing protection inside a concrete structure, it is unpleasant and if you are not already partially deaf (my left side is bad thanks to three round of 7.62 in rapid succession discharged where the muzzle of the rifle was about a foot behind and and a foot to the left of my left ear) you will know it. That moment of disorientation (I certainly don't recommend training indoors "to get use to it" without hearing protection either) may well be the opportunity a wrong-doer takes to better you. For the expenditure of less than $150US you will be adding to your own protection and perhaps giving yourself the upper hand when you need it most.

Back