Been carrying too much knife. This is all you need ! Talk about minimalism ! Talk about POWER !

Time for a phone upgrade bagger!
hahaha . . . you don't know do ya
I had the first iPhone.
Lost it.
Now my phone has a cord not only into the wall but from the handset to the base.
Frightening isn't it ?
It was VERY satisfying to tell AT&T where they could stuff their mobile service once they started messing with me though. Would never use AT&T again IF I were ever to get another mobile phone which I won't; I just don't use a phone enough to justify it.
My camera ? An ancient iPod Touch. Yep not as good a camera as the oldest iPhone. Especially once I get some chocolate cake finger prints on the lens.
I might get another iPod one day.

Hickory n steel

Gold Member
If you think I am going to put the Holdout away for good or sell it . . .
Nope.
Mostly this is a semi serious post about a knife I have been curious about.

Certainly not.
I never stop carrying the others when I discover something new that also works.

Honestly I could pretty much do it all with this

But because I'm a knife nut I can also carry this sometimes

this

Or this

Heck even this is way more than I really need

It's a good thing to know how much blade you could get the job done with, and carrying just that sometimes is freeing, but you gotta have fun with it too and that's where carrying something more than you need just because you like it comes in.
What knife is that in the middle photograph of the fixed blades?

It's a good thing to know how much blade you could get the job done with, and carrying just that sometimes is freeing, but you gotta have fun with it too and that's where carrying something more than you need just because you like it comes in.
This be true and since we like knives we carry "more knife" than we actually need for our day to day EDC tasks. That little traditional or the SAK in the other picture will in fact get most jobs done just as well as the modern flipper or tanto AO. That said, I generally leave the fixed blades at home as I'm just not comfortable pulling one out most places I might be during a typical day.

.... Now my phone has a cord not only into the wall but from the handset to the base.
Frightening isn't it ?
It was VERY satisfying to tell AT&T where they could stuff their mobile service once they started messing with me though. Would never use AT&T again IF I were ever to get another mobile phone which I won't; I just don't use a phone enough to justify it.
I wouldn't quite go that far.... I have also told AT&T to hit the road and won't consider their Direct TV either unless it was my only practical option. AT&T jerked me around for 6 months about a phone they just gave me (won't cost a thing... yeah, right) a number of years ago when I already had a cell phone I liked. I found a very satisfying high cost cell phone substitute last year with the Samsung JV3 model (via Verizon) from Walmart for the total phone cost under $20 (+service of course).

I like variety with knives and go modern and traditional. Usually carry a modern with a SAK, but the SAK is all I need. Don't know where the Fox Elite will fit into the EDC mix just yet. But it is a really nice knife which cost a lot less than the link I posted previously. Just bought it in a store.... was surprised to see the much higher prices at other places after the fact.

I like my toothpick. Blade length beyond what you would expect for the package size. If it wasn't mystery 420 steel I'd carry it more often.

KC.jpg

Hickory n steel

Gold Member
What knife is that in the middle photograph of the fixed blades?

The fixed blade ?

It's something I made as a teenager out of an old GI cooks knife.
My dad was sent home with it after wood handles got deemed unsanitary, and at some point 2" of the tip got snapped off then it sat in the kitchen knife bucket to rust for as long as I could remember
When I started to get interested in trying to make a knife he gave it to me to repurpose.

I like my toothpick. Blade length beyond what you would expect for the package size. If it wasn't mystery 420 steel I'd carry it more often.

KC.jpg

Beautiful little knife! The Germans always seem to have great stag when they go that route.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I carry a similar small traditional pair sometimes myself, too (with 4 blades total), and they can handle most anything I encounter in regular daily life:

NW%20ivory%20pair%20c.jpg~original

Pomsbz,
What brand is that ? It's a good looking Toothpick. Sorry I don't recognize the shield (there is still a lot I don't know 'bout knives).
And yes the steel in my Toothpick seems to be a little less than some of my other Case knives; I mean getting dull just cutting bread . . . right.

Very funny and entertaining read sir, well done.
. . . er
I don't know what to say.
I do know what the others here say : ":eek: Nix, nix, don't encourage him."
:) ( :thumbsup: )

Beautiful little knife! The Germans always seem to have great stag when they go that route.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I was once sent the wrong knife; the smaller of the two in the photos. It's a German Boker. I ordered a dark green and black jigged bone medium stockman and got this :
It was so surprisingly great I kept it gladly and reordered the black and green one.
I think that was my first stag handled knife. As a bonus they always seem to be much fatter in the handle than the same exact frame with other scales. I like that too !

IMG_3377.jpg
IMG_3378.jpg

I carry a similar small traditional pair sometimes myself, too (with 4 blades total), and they can handle most anything I encounter in regular daily life:

On the old iPad I couldn't see the photos for some reason. I was going to say "Oh really that doesn't go with your avatar all so much :)."
Now that I am back at the desk top and see the photos I would like to retract that statement.
A very capable looking EDC. :thumbsup:

But because I'm a knife nut I can also carry this sometimes

this

Or this

Heck even this is way more than I really need

According to your photographs and their locations, it kind of appears, and you have to admit it as if you're actually carrying all 10 knives at the same time.;)

Pomsbz,
What brand is that ? It's a good looking Toothpick. Sorry I don't recognize the shield (there is still a lot I don't know 'bout knives).
And yes the steel in my Toothpick seems to be a little less than some of my other Case knives; I mean getting dull just cutting bread . . . right.
It's a Kissing Crane. They're pretty cheap.

The fixed blade ?

It's something I made as a teenager out of an old GI cooks knife.
My dad was sent home with it after wood handles got deemed unsanitary, and at some point 2" of the tip got snapped off then it sat in the kitchen knife bucket to rust for as long as I could remember
When I started to get interested in trying to make a knife he gave it to me to repurpose.
Nice "repurposing" work!!!

Hickory n steel

Gold Member
Nice "repurposing" work!!!
Thanks.

I really love the knife how I've got it, but this thing used to be a 16" Dexter with excellent steel and would've been awesome in the kitchen today if I could've restored it.
These GI cooks knives we're kind of a do all in the kitchen.
They're broad with a sturdy spine thickness allowing for some real backbone while still being nice and thin behind the edge.