Beer and Blades!

At a friend's place, brewing a mango IPA. Should end up at about 6.5-7% ABV and have a nice happy finish. Knife is a Benchmade Hidden Canyon, which has become my weekend EDC.

Beer - no rating yet
Knife 9/10

p0oym6S.jpg

Nice traditional. Jig bone lamb foot? I think im gonna order up a large in rosewood to check out as its about time i got a decent traditional folder.

Thank you very much, I think you should buy Rosewood, but for me, I prefer this size 3 "5/8 !!!;):thumbsup:

@Rusty, I found a wine shop that sells beers one at a time, so I got a El Sol, Mexican beer that the rep said is close to Corona. She said it was smooth. Still want to try Dos XX, so I wanted to ask, what is the taste difference between an Amber and a lager?

@Rusty, I found a wine shop that sells beers one at a time, so I got a El Sol, Mexican beer that the rep said is close to Corona. She said it was smooth. Still want to try Dos XX, so I wanted to ask, what is the taste difference between an Amber and a lager?
oh man, i don't know how to answer that really.
I'm sure the really educated beer gurus will pick this apart.
a good lager to me is crisp and clean. I'm my mind what beer always tasted like before the whole hoppy IPA thing started.
ambers are a little more sweet maybe. like add a bit of honey or molasses taste or something.
i think ambers are probably ales.
I'm half drunk now typing this, ill do a google search and double check.

https://www.craftbeer.com/styles/amber-ale

http://www.differencebetween.net/ob...ood-items/difference-between-amber-and-lager/

so it seems like the malt in the amber adds the sweetness (not honey/molasses)

maybe a non google beer expert can clear thing up even more.

one of those articles says the lager will have the stronger taste, i kind of thought otherwise.

so it seems like the malt in the amber adds the sweetness (not honey/molasses)

maybe a non google beer expert can clear thing up even more.

one of those articles says the lager will have the stronger taste, i kind of thought otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, someone said I should try the Amber which surprised me too, and a long time ago I had tasted a Michelobe dark beer that was okay. So after this one I will try a Dos XX Amber and maybe a Modelo Negra. Of course, that will be months apart as you can tell I only try once in a blue moon......and with food. Maybe Mexican? :D

Thanks for the articles, olooks lkke the ambers would go well with some grilled foods, so that gives me an excuse to start up the grill for a steak, burger or some sausages (which I have in the fridge). Now that would be a pic, sausage, beer, and my Opinel to cut it up.

Last edited:
Back