Beer and Blades!

IMG_0293.JPG

This was recommended to me, Kentucky Coffee Barrel Cream Ale, since I like coffee flavor. I am not a real bear drinker, just trying a few. Not bad, a little darker and smoother. The clerk in the store said that the one I wanted to try was possibly out of season, Ballast Point Victory at Sea. Anyone else try these two I mentioned.

Since I am still looking at Mexican Beer, I am going to try a Modelo Negra. And eventually a Dos XX Amber.

Last edited:
QNFLkGD.jpg

View attachment 1180020

This was recommended to me, Kentucky Coffee Barrel Cream Ale, since I like coffee flavor. I am not a real bear drinker, just trying a few. Not bad, a little darker and smoother. The clerk in the store said that the one I wanted to try was possibly out of season, Ballast Point Victory at Sea. Anyone else try these two I mentioned.

Since I am still looking at Mexican Beer, I am going to try a Modelo Negra. And eventually a Dos XX Amber.

Love their Bourbon Barrel Ale, but have not seen that one. Will have to keep a closer eye out. Just saw that Founders has Underground Mountain Brown which is a brown ale with coffee and then aged in bourbon barrels...want to try that one too!

Love their Bourbon Barrel Ale, but have not seen that one. Will have to keep a closer eye out. Just saw that Founders has Underground Mountain Brown which is a brown ale with coffee and then aged in bourbon barrels...want to try that one too!
Funny you mention that, I think the first one she recommended was the Founders with chocolate notes, she said it was smooth and enjoyed it. Now I will need to try it.

Last edited:
View attachment 1180020

Had the Modelo Negra, it was darker and very smooth, it accompanied some crackers with pepperoni and some pepperjack cheese for dinner. Next I may try the Dos XX Amber. Does anyone know if any Central American nations have any good beer? While on our cruise I did try a local beer in Guatemala called El Gallo, which means rooster, not bad, tasted a lot like a Corona. What about El Salvador that would go well with pupusas? I cannot recall the brand that was advertised in Costa Rica, we saw the signs along the highway on our excursions.

Found out the beer in Costa Rica was Imperial, known locally as Aguila or Aguilita since it has the Imperial eagle as its logo, designed by the Hangen brothers who were from Germany.

Last edited:
Had the Modelo Negra, it was darker and very smooth, it accompanied some crackers with pepperoni and some pepperjack cheese for dinner. Next I may try the Dos XX Amber. Does anyone know if any Central American nations have any good beer? While on our cruise I did try a local beer in Guatemala called El Gallo, which means rooster, not bad, tasted a lot like a Corona. What about El Salvador that would go well with pupusas? I cannot recall the brand that was advertised in Costa Rica, we saw the signs along the highway on our excursions.

Found out the beer in Costa Rica was Imperial, known locally as Aguila or Aguilita since it has the Imperial eagle as its logo, designed by the Hangen brothers who were from Germany.

Imperial and pacifico are my two favs in that region....

Imperial and pacifico are my two favs in that region....
Is Imperial a darker beer or like Pacifico? I am tending to think I like the slightly darker flavor, smoother. I do not think I will ever get to the Guinness Stout.

Back