Beer and Blades!

Nice Sebenza, I always wanted a Damascus CRK... thinking of waiting for the 31 in Bog oak to appear.

You might be waiting a while. I would guess until at least well into next year before any damascus blades start showing up. For me, I actually prefer the two piece inlays on the 21. Maybe the 31 will grow on me but, we'll see.

5Hjuka9.jpg

You might be waiting a while. I would guess until at least well into next year before any damascus blades start showing up. For me, I actually prefer the two piece inlays on the 21. Maybe the 31 will grow on me but, we'll see.

Jsut for fun I went on the CRK website and I can actually order direct through them a 31 in Bog oak or Black micarta with damascus... not sure on the turn around but it's available for order. Probably an initial pre order or something. could be a 6 month lead, who knows.

Not bad. Slight hint of honey, smooth blonde ale.
8/10
Pictured with a couple Civil War era inkwells.
8sk6.jpg

Belching beaver's main brewery is right by my office, i love their beer. I've spent many a lunch at the bar haha. The mango IPA is one of my favorites and the Deftones callabs are all pretty awesome.

I will have to try the mango IPA!

Golden Road and Eagle Rock are my closest breweries..other than Miller in Irwindale.

Sam Adams Octoberfest and my newest purchase, Ontario Rat 1, on clearance at Walmart. Went to 3 different stores, finally on my last stop, they had 1 Rat left, and it was the display model. Regularly priced at $27.88 it was on clearance for $13. Even at full price, in my opinion, this knife is a bargain. At $13 its a downright steal.

20190823_132035 by poriggity, on Flickr

Didn’t have anything in the fridge so I stopped at the liquor store on the way home from work. The vodka was cheap and it tastes fine to me. I might have to go back and get Kahlua for some White Russians, man. Never had Super Cluster before so it was cool to see that on the shelf. Vestri is a local IPA that’s been hard to find this summer, for some reason. Old Rasputin is in my all time top 5 and I usually get a 4pk every month.

I love the Tiger but wish it was bigger. I need a Super Tiger!

Ok, on Saturday I had a Founder's Breakfast Stout, has double chocolate coffee notes, was smooth but too dark for my taste, I think it is an Oatmeal type beer. I think it is different than the Founders Underground Mountain Brown. Can anyone tell me if the Underground is a little less strong? I looked on Founders site that says Underground is made with Sumatran coffee. Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
Back