Beer and Blades!

So this was a mess!

WTH Hair Of The Dog? Never thought I’d see the day for over carbonated Blue Dot DIPA LOL! At this was after about 2 to 3 minutes of sitting.

I gave up on Blue Dot a few years ago because every bottle I tried was stupid flat. Much like a lot of their beers. But it’s by design they said! What? So I see this Blue Dot a few days ago in a pint can. I think maybe it will be OK in a can? Wow, they went from flat as a board to a foamy carbonated mess.

Will never buy their beer again. They have had this problem for years and yet they are considered an elite brewer? When their beer is properly canned or bottled, it's amazing. But it's a crap shoot. And they charge $40 to $50 for some of their six packs. Unreal! Can't believe the craft community continues to give them a pass time after time after time after time.

OK, rant over.

lx2I1oTl.jpg

Beautiful knife..... never heard of Blue dot... I'd be interested in trying it but not for $50 a 6 pk though, my max is $20.

Best Pale Ale ever? It's right up there. 9.9/10 IMHO. Although it technically a pale ale, it's got some decent hoppiness to it. Almost an IPA.

mwpv5ZTl.jpg
That is a great one for sure! I use to live right next to the brewery, born and raised, and went to school with all the owners who started Bale. :)

Beautiful knife..... never heard of Blue dot... I'd be interested in trying it but not for $50 a 6 pk though, my max is $20.

Hair of the Dog can be a great brewery at times and their stuff is highly sought/fought after. Blue Dot is their main IPA and has just been widely inconsistent over the years. Much like a lot of their beer, they have issues bottling and now canning it. Many times you get super flat non carbonated beers. It's a shame because they brew some amazing stuff. They just can't seem to can and/or bottle it. The $50 six packs are not the Blue Dot. It's some of their other aged stuff.

That is a great one for sure! I use to live right next to the brewery, born and raised, and went to school with all the owners who started Bale. :)

Oh, man I would have been there everyday. LOL. Such a cool brewery and location. And such a great story of how it came to be. Family owns massive hops farms? Huh, we should start a brewery!

Their IPAs are outstanding. Can't wait for Piled High Fresh Hop!

Oh, man I would have been there everyday. LOL. Such a cool brewery and location. And such a great story of how it came to be. Family owns massive hops farms? Huh, we should start a brewery!

Their IPAs are outstanding. Can't wait for Piled High Fresh Hop!
I can’t wait for that one either! You should of been there for the opening day of the brewery! It’s still foggy in my head hahaha. I think we killed 113 kegs or something like that lol

ceXVk1F.jpg
After 2 loads of laundry, mowing the lawn, edging the lawn, spraying for weeds, picking some peppers and tomatoes, and killing some carpenter bees I’m having this. Cheers!
Sounds like my day but just sprayed Scott's feed on the lawn too ;)

Back