Beer and Blades!

More Fresh Hops! Matchless Brewing and Skookum Brewing collaboration The Freshmaker Fresh Hop IPA. 7.5/10

cDyAptfh.jpg

Ok, I will ask, even though I'm should just try them, is Tecate Beer worth a try as opposed to Dos XX Amber? Is Tecate underrated? Just watched a beer channel review of Mexican beer and they chose Tecate as #1, but I was delightfully surprised that Molelo Negra was #2 in the list, which I have tried and liked. Any thoughts, Tecate vs Dos XX Amber?

IMO Tecate makes a good Mechelada, Dos Equis is more flavorful. I prefer Pacifico of all the mexican beers personally. But for Mecheladas it's always Tecate

IMO Tecate makes a good Mechelada, Dos Equis is more flavorful. I prefer Pacifico of all the mexican beers personally. But for Mecheladas it's always Tecate

I have been wondering what a michelada was, found some information, very interesting as a drink, may need to be tried. I tried Pacifico, it's was smooth, to me it tasted like a Corona. Sol also,tasted very similar to Corona, I liked Modelo Negra, but I may try Tecate michelada just to be different.

I have been wondering what a michelada was, found some information, very interesting as a drink, may need to be tried. I tried Pacifico, it's was smooth, to me it tasted like a Corona. Sol also,tasted very similar to Corona, I liked Modelo Negra, but I may try Tecate michelada just to be different.

Well, I love me a pacifico with lime. To each their own. Mechelada are great, I wouldnt use clamato the first time. Maybe buy tomato and Clamato and try each to what you prefer

Thanks, now a lime with Pacifico may be good, good idea...never had a lime with a beer, but I think it would be good with it. Worth trying.

Well, I love me a pacifico with lime. To each their own. Mechelada are great, I wouldnt use clamato the first time. Maybe buy tomato and Clamato and try each to what you prefer

I have heard Clamato has clam juice and tomato, and I assume you are mixing your own michelada recipe? Or do you mix the Tecate with the other ingredients to make the drink? I have seen it all in a can mixed together. Either way, does it have a very strong clam flavor or with all the other spices just gives a good combination? Also have found some other recipes which use Worcester and beef broth, etc.

Last edited:
I have heard Clamato has clam juice and tomato, and I assume you are mixing your own michelada recipe? Or do you mix the Tecate with the other ingredients to make the drink? I have seen it all in a can mixed together. Either way, does it have a very strong clam flavor or with all the other spices just gives a good combination? Also have found some other recipes which use Worcester and beef broth, etc.

I make my own usually. I live in San diego and we are a border town so it's easy to find someone that knows how to make them right. Usually at a friends party or whatever so I just learned from.watching them.

It's basically beer, tomato juice, hot sauce, chamorro, tajin and lots lime. But I've seen Worcestershire, clamato, mango, tamarind, salt, etc. Never seen beef broth but that sounds kind of good.

It's kind of like a bloody mary, everyone has their own recipe and they swear it's the best. Try a few and see what tastes good to you and expand on that.

Clamato is sweet, not sure how to explain it, I will use a splash and the rest tomato or spicy V8. Theres really no consistent recipe, its whatever you want to make it, kind of like a Mexican beer bloody mary......... enjoy

Back