Beer and Blades!

C4atNHr.jpg

Tried a Richmond Lager, just because it sounded interesting. Tried the can. While it had a smooth taste, it did not not WOW me, if you know what I mean. Liked it about the same as Yuengling.

Tried a Richmond Lager, just because it sounded interesting. Tried the can. While it had a smooth taste, it did not not WOW me, if you know what I mean. Liked it about the same as Yuengling.

Never saw Richmond Lager.
But I love Yuengling Black and Tan :^D

I'm in Galaxy Far, Far Away yet so different set of stars and wrecks around ...
Have knife and camera, will report !

Never saw Richmond Lager.
But I love Yuengling Black and Tan :^D

I'm in Galaxy Far, Far Away yet so different set of stars and wrecks around ...
Have knife and camera, will report !

How do you like the Black and Tan? I know it is mixed, but is it too strong of a stout flavor? Or does the mix lessen the strong flavor ( I am thinking of Guinness flavor ). I did like the flavor of Kentucky Coffee Barrell, it has coffee and chocolate flavors.

Last edited:
How did you like the Samuel Adams Octoberfrst?

I'm no expert on the Marzen lager style, but the Sam Adams version this year is pleasant with a moderate level of malty, toasty sweetness. It's well-attenuated enough that I could actually taste a few of the 16 IBUs, and it has a dry finish that I enjoyed. Head retention was nil as shown in the photo. I liked it well enough, but probably not well enough to by another 6-pack. I like this year's offering from our local Schlafly brewery better.

How do you like the Black and Tan? I know it is mixed, but is it too strong of a stout flavor? Or does the mix lessen the strong flavor ( I am thinking of Guinness flavor ). I did like the flavor of Kentucky Coffee Barrell, it has coffee and chocolate flavors.

I'm Porter/real Bock kind of guy, so Black & Tan is my song. And not so expensive :^)
Other American I love is Mississippi Mud
but disappeared from my area completely few years ago !

Back