Beer talk

Never was a big fan of #9, but I love Magic Hat's Roxy Rolles.

I've never tried that one. But I like every one of the Magic Hats I've had. I'm going to order my cat a Magic Hat water bowl as a Christmas gift (yes, I'm giving my cat a Christmas gift).

Tonight I'm finishing off a six pack of Sweetwater 420.

I've never tried that one. But I like every one of the Magic Hats I've had. I'm going to order my cat a Magic Hat water bowl as a Christmas gift (yes, I'm giving my cat a Christmas gift).

Tonight I'm finishing off a six pack of Sweetwater 420.

I have a couple Sweetwater 420's in the fridge. Excellent beer. Also have a sixer of Smuttynose's Old Brown Dog Ale, which is possibly the best brown out there. Certainly my favorite.

I have a couple Sweetwater 420's in the fridge. Excellent beer. Also have a sixer of Smuttynose's Old Brown Dog Ale, which is possibly the best brown out there. Certainly my favorite.
Just saw a 6 of the Smuttynose Old Brown and it is going to be my next buy next time I'm at the place I saw it at. Was just in Madison WI and had a really good brown at a brewpub. Ale Asylum Mad Town Nut Brown. I even picked up a 6er to take home.

Also have a sixer of Smuttynose's Old Brown Dog Ale, which is possibly the best brown out there. Certainly my favorite.

Never tried that one.

Lately I've been exploring a lot of locally brewed beers. Our public schools may be a bit lacking, but we've got some good beers here in North Carolina. At least the schools learnt me up good enough to figure out them words on them beer labels.

No Smuttynose brown so I picked up some Founders Breakfast Stout. Yum, a very good stout with coffee flavor. I'm not even a coffee drinker but it works in this beer.

daddÿ;7512247 said:
I have 1 in the fridge currently and 2 in the "cellar." I also have a 04,05,06,07,08 of their Smoked Porter :D.

daddÿ

I also love the Smoked Porter.

Cheers!

11/25/09-- Monk's Cafe Flemish Sour Ale. YUM! If you like sour ales, this one is great. Tastes like the classic Rodenbach Red Ale (not as acidic as the Grand Cru). It's half old and half new stock.

11/25/09-- Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA (always a favorite)

And lately have been re-acquainting myself with The Shed Mountain Ale growlers.

I just got done enjoying a fresh bottle of Yuengling Lager. Quite refreshing!

This afternoon, I'm having a Cigar City 110K+OT Batch #2 (I.R.I.S.) 2009, mighty tasty. Also making up some homemade chili.

Went to Cleveland to visit the girlfriend's family for Thanksgiving. While there I tried Great Lakes Brewing Company's Edmund Fitzgerald Porter and their Christmas Ale. Both were outstanding representatives of their respective species.

The St.Bernardus 2009 Christmas Ale is out!
Good to know- thx for the heads-up. I'm off this Sat. to visit my beer guy- he'll have it if it's available. Gonna lay in a few more- gonna let the spirit (and budget) move me... ;)

Back