Beer talk

Good to know- thx for the heads-up. I'm off this Sat. to visit my beer guy- he'll have it if it's available. Gonna lay in a few more- gonna let the spirit (and budget) move me... ;)

Raise a glass for me!

Tonight a very tasty Cigar City Marshal Zhukov's Imperial Stout. I've had a few of CCs brews and they are very nice, highly recommended.

Last night, a pint of Shepherd Neame Spitfire Ale in the Dun Cow, Pathlow.
DSC02852.jpg
A very pleasant average strength ale with a good balance of hops and malt. Very more-ish.

Also last night, a pint of Purity Brewing Co. Pure Gold in the King's Head, Aston Cantlow.
DSC02853-1.jpg

This beer is refreshing but a bit on the light side, I much prefer their Pure Ubu, a stronger and much more full-bodied ale.
After we tried the Greene King Abbot Ale in the same pub, a regular favourite. Rich, full-bodied and malty, with a hint of sherry, an ideal ale for a frosty late autumn night.

All these beers are, of course, hand-pulled real ales.

Last night, in a Balti house, a John Smith's bitter from a can. Quite drinkable for a relatively ordinary commercial bitter. Quite fizzy though!
DSC02856.jpg

Picked up the St. Bernardus Christmas Ale today- along w/ a Gouden Carolus Noel, 2 JK's Scrumpy Cider & just finished off a Samuel Smith's Organic Cider. Cheers.

I gotta stock up on one of my favorite holiday brews, Hoppy Claus from Hoppy Brewing Co here in Sac. Other than that, right now I've got a couple of bottles of AB, Lagunitas little sumpin' sumpin' ale, and Ruination.

We have been making beer from the Cooper's malt can/kit with yeast package for about 10 years now and it is pretty good.

I have about 240 .5 litre Grolsch swingtop bottles so no messing around with cap's.
only needed 60 to 100$ of equipment and can be done in anywhere except where you sleep because of the co2.

for 20$ canadian I can make 42 pint bottles (one batch) and have tweaked the recipe to about 6 to 6.2%. They are ready in 2 weeks but we wait 8 weeks for best flavour.

Lately for storebought I have been grabbing tallboys of Dab or Alexander Kieth lager but they now have Granville Island Winter Ale which has a delicious hint of vanilla. Why they only bring it at x-mas.......

Last night I went to Stone Brewery up north in Escondido. Home of Tricky Vics avatar.

ah well, when in Rome, do as the Romans.
I drank draft Arrogant Bastard, followed by a glass of draft Double Bastard.

Desert was an ice cream soda using a smoked Porter as the liquid portion. This is a surprisingly delightful combination.

A side note, I had not realized that Double Bastard is 10.5%.
My wife drove us home.

Today, a pretty tasty brew, surprised me, De Proef Reserve Signature Ale (w/ Tomme Arthur).

Warsteiner Dunkel. It finishes with a nice hint of fruity undertones after you drink it.

<Is German and thus partial to German brews.

For Christmas, a St Feuillien Cuvée de Noël, bottled last year...savoured well after the so-called "best before" date, to my great pleasure :thumbup:

Noel2009.jpg

Any special Christmas brew guys?

Well...the St Feuillien was nice, but didn't last long :p

Next Christmas-themed ale: Avec les Bons Voeux, of Dupont Brewery.

Noel2009_2.jpg

Very nice brew :thumbup:

Back