Beer talk

beer.jpg

I got another jug from Pisgah. This time the porter. It's very stout and very strong but there's a somewhat sweet aftertaste... I'm not sure of the alcohol content, but I'm feeling a slight buzz after two glasses.

Five organic malts are blended and balanced by a single addition of whole leaf Chinook or Nugget hops. This darkest of Pisgah beers is rich and smooth.

No knife this time, but my other hobby is pictured in the background, baseball cards.

Been working on a case of Troegs Nugget Nectar, and I picked up a 12er of Sierra Nevada Glissade yesterday b/c I needed to switch things up. Both good beers, but the Nugget Nectar is really great!

Having a very tasty brew tonight, Central Waters Bourbon Barrel Cherry Stout, highly recommended. This brewery puts out some outstanding brews.

I rarely drink anymore but when I do I go for Boddington's Pub Ale , if it is available.

Otherwise I prefer sharp , crisp beers like St. Pauli's , ice cold ! :)

Tostig

Today having a very nice brew. Full Sail Top Sail Imperial Porter Bourbon Barrel-Aged 2010.

Tonight an exceptional brew. Central Waters Bourbon Barrel Barleywine, CW put's out some outstanding brew's. Search them out.

There is only one beer and that is Straub Beer: Mothers milk, elixir of life, nectar of the gods-since 1872 only the finest barley, yeast and hops, pure mountain springwater, no sugars, syrups or preservatives added ever-honestly fresh:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Home of the Eternal Tap where weary travelers can just stop in and have a few beers on the house-freshly brewed-all they ask is that you clean your glass.:D How can you argue with that marketing.

a pic of a weary traveler sampling the wares
imagesCAMBOSDN.jpg

imagesCAPAOELY.jpg

I might have a few Dale's Pale Ale tonight or maybe a couple Samuel Adams Noble Pils or maybe a Victory Hop Wallop or three. Oh hell, maybe I will drink all of them.:D

I went to the local brewery last night and had some really good brewed there beers. There was one with some german name that was amazing and 7.0%abv. Ill have to get the name next time I go.

This thread should never die.

Tonight I've been sitting on the back porch drinking this (until the mosquitoes started eating me):

Foxtrot.jpg

Admittedly, I bought it just for the name and didn't know what to expect from the brew. It's good. Really good. Very rich and malty and just a bit bitter at the end.

I have been all over the world form England to Germany (Ireland, Zambia most of the middle east - not much beer there) and I always like to try the local brews. Bohemian in Maryland, St George in Virginia(brewed here in Hampton and happens to be my favorite), Castle in Africa, Guiness in Ireland and New Castle in the UK. Always open to try new brews.

I choose cheep beer . I like good old Miller High Life in a bottle. Nice head. Taste like beer, not like that batpiss my friends drink.

I cant afford a lot of these beers. I like good old Miller High Life in a bottle. Nice head. Taste like beer, not like that batpiss my friends drink.

LMFAO! :D A few of my friends drink alley cat musk-spray as well. :p :rolleyes:.. There is a local micro-brewery watering hole I really enjoy that has a nice(not heavy at all) 'Red' draft that has great head and super fine refreshing finish that I cannot get anywhere else. :thumbup:.. Apart from that its freezing cold Coors or Sam Adams at the same temperature.

Anthony

I choose cheep beer . I like good old Miller High Life in a bottle. Nice head. Taste like beer, not like that batpiss my friends drink.

You like what you like, and I admit that I will drink a High Life from time to time. But, and I've said this before, most American beer (Budweiser, Coors, etc.) really makes me ashamed of being an American.

Fortunately it seems like we're in the midst of a revolution of sorts in American brewing and there are so many great little breweries popping up all over the place.

Last week I had a great beer from Catawba Valley Brewing Co. from my hometown of Morganton, NC. Tonight I'm having another one of my favorites, a Gaelic ale by Highlands Brewing down the road in Asheville, NC.

I love beer, and I don't drink beer to get drunk or buzzed. The thing I love the most about beer is seeing what all there is out there and trying new things. Sometimes it's a disaster, but more times than not, it's great.

Back