• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Review Before you order @ Blade HQ

Have you had problems with Blade HQ?

• Yes. But they resolved them appropriately.

Votes: 30 14.0%
  • Yes. And they didn’t seem to care.

Votes: 27 12.6%
  • No. They’ve been great.

Votes: 157 73.4%

• Total voters
I'm sure they didn't charge sales tax because they wanted to, it doesn't benefit them :rolleyes: and, by the way, it's THEIR sales. ;)

New legislation is requiring online retailers to charge state sales tax even if they do not have a physical presence in your state. If they do over a certain $$ value of sales in a particular state then they must collect sales tax and distribute it to that state. It is being phased in a little at a time starting either late last year or early this year.

You know what the problem is? That little device with a million functions seemingly a permanent attachment to every millennial hand in America.That thing you see them looking at while obiviously driving through a crosswalk full of children, rear ending cars on the road and walking into utility poles on the sidewalks of every city in the country.Among the million apps is this thing called a phone, try using it and talking to an actual person in CS with a name. Imho your results will be much better no matter what retailer you're doing business with.;) Rant over.:thumbsup:

Worst service imaginable. What should be an enjoyable shopping spree turns into a nightmare when ordering from Blade HQ.

Shopping online is a simple thing. Find what you like. Pay. Sit back and have a fun time waiting for your order to arrive...

Meet Blade HQ. From demands that the customer has to email them in 24 hours, then told to call in instead of the supplier calling the customer to generally unhelpful uninterested incompetent employees that gives a crap about your order paid for by your hard-earned money that pays their salaries.

Most useless service on this planet. Employees obviously underpaid ex Mcdonald's drive-through attendants being paid to parrot instead of think. There is no service and you will regret having to deal with them. When you finally reach a senior employee they are equally unhelpful and inattentive.

Happy to post screenshots of the counterproductive communications (getting it wrong multiple times) with them. Demanding replies within 24 hours, demanding phone calls from my international location. Apparently it's a customer duty to serve and think for BHQ. We pay their salaries.
Service representatives copy and pasting unrelated emails to me. A proper s#&tshow. No means of getting assistance regardless of the issue when contacting them seems to be common practice if you read the reviews. Treating customers with suspicion and rather than a welcoming attitude.

Standard operating procedures are counterintuitive and without regard for the customer. Self-serving.

Canceled my orders and headed over to Knifecenter.com. Simple and efficient... Got 2 emails, "Thank you for your order, has been shipped and tracking details". Now why complicate things unnecessarily?

Worst service imaginable. What should be an enjoyable shopping spree turns into a nightmare when ordering from Blade HQ.

Shopping online is a simple thing. Find what you like. Pay. Sit back and have a fun time waiting for your order to arrive...

Meet Blade HQ. From demands that the customer has to email them in 24 hours, then told to call in instead of the supplier calling the customer to generally unhelpful uninterested incompetent employees that gives a crap about your order paid for by your hard-earned money that pays their salaries.

Most useless service on this planet. Employees obviously underpaid ex Mcdonald's drive-through attendants being paid to parrot instead of think. There is no service and you will regret having to deal with them. When you finally reach a senior employee they are equally unhelpful and inattentive.

Happy to post screenshots of the counterproductive communications (getting it wrong multiple times) with them. Demanding replies within 24 hours, demanding phone calls from my international location. Apparently it's a customer duty to serve and think for BHQ. We pay their salaries.
Service representatives copy and pasting unrelated emails to me. A proper s#&tshow. No means of getting assistance regardless of the issue when contacting them seems to be common practice if you read the reviews. Treating customers with suspicion and rather than a welcoming attitude.

Standard operating procedures are counterintuitive and without regard for the customer. Self-serving.

Canceled my orders and headed over to Knifecenter.com. Simple and efficient... Got 2 emails, "Thank you for your order, has been shipped and tracking details". Now why complicate things unnecessarily?
For people reading the above post, please completely disregard. This brand new member only joined to throw a tantrum because BHQ tried to protect themselves against international fraud. Please see the below thread for the full story:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/blade-hq-how-do-they-get-it-so-wrong.1700107/

I read through your other thread and didn't comment because literally everyone else in it has already told you that you were wrong. You're putting on one of the biggest displays of self-entitlement I've seen here, and no matter what thread you run to, you're still wrong, wrong, wrong....:thumbsdown:

….and hopefully a short-timer on Bladeforums. BladeHQ protected themselves from fraud, simple as that. Move on, we don't need this kind of crap here.

Blade HQ is on my "use only if they are the only ones in stock or have a sale running and have the best price" list. They monopolize google search results so my first few online knife purchases were through them. They were very, very slow to ship back then (admittedly, they are better now) so I eventually found other places to try to spend my money with first.

There are shops with more of a presence here AND have a reward program AND ship much faster.

Blade HQ is a very good company. :thumbsup: All successful businesses get overly busy at times and communication tends to slip. :( I think you are WAY overreacting to the whole situation. :rolleyes: Do you know if CRKT notified all the dealers who stocked this knife and told them not to sell it? I doubt it. "Don't stress it". ;) Accept their generous offer and move on.

Now I've never dealt with BHQ but imo: it it's not their job to check if it's safe to use. The manufacturers QC should catch it, but in case they don't I think it's common sense to check if a tool is good to go before using it.

EDIT: also: What do you expect them to do apart from refunding and even letting you keep it at that?
Legally speaking, a business seller is legally responsible for the safety of any product it sells - for the last forty years.+

For people reading the above post, please completely disregard. This brand new member only joined to throw a tantrum because BHQ tried to protect themselves against international fraud. Please see the below thread for the full story:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/blade-hq-how-do-they-get-it-so-wrong.1700107/
A valid review just like any other where the vendor were allowed to comment and 70% of the user comments like craycray was just because they had nothing better to do.

I've emailed them before and never, ever got a response. My assumption is that they are like many large online retailers in this day and age---large on-hand inventory, access to more inventory direct from distributors, and minimum employees and as much automation as possible.

I read through your other thread and didn't comment because literally everyone else in it has already told you that you were wrong. You're putting on one of the biggest displays of self-entitlement I've seen here, and no matter what thread you run to, you're still wrong, wrong, wrong....:thumbsdown:

….and hopefully a short-timer on Bladeforums. BladeHQ protected themselves from fraud, simple as that. Move on, we don't need this kind of crap here.
Literally incorrect.

I have no problem with BHQ but I have noticed that they are slower responding to email than other knife dealers.
Also they seem a bit less willing to go the extra mile than say gpknives or newgraham.
I shop at BHQ for their exclusives.

And

your opinion as irrelevant, irrelevant, irrelevant.... But feel free to insert it where ever you want, since it's your right to have one. Just like a consumer has the right to review their experience.

I have bought from BladeHQ since they opened
My last purchase from them was a Reate Jack Damasteel
The knife was $660.00 and then they charged me $42.00 in sales tax
That was a deal breaker for me, none of my other 5 go to dealer charge any tax
If it's a $100.00 knife it's no big deal, but $42.00 is a big deal in my opinion
I believe it's hurting there sales

I have purchased a knife pouch from BladeHQ. That's all. Everything went fine so subjectively at least, they've been grand.

With that being said, I've seen waaaayyyyy too many negative threads regarding BladeHQ on these forums over the years to put them very high up on my list of dealers. Definitely more negativity than any of the other major retailers, for sure.

I will note that after the thread is posted, BladeHQ usually steps in to make things right at least materially. I say materially because while the upset customer is always made whole money wise, I think that the BladeHQ employee/who ever was posting could have definitely used more grace and put forth more effort to rectify what seemed to be warranted complaints. One of these occasions I believe it was the CEO posting.

Definitely a lot of learning to extract and imbibe from threads like this. Even though I think the OP is a bit worked up.

And

your opinion as irrelevant, irrelevant, irrelevant.... But feel free to insert it where ever you want, since it's your right to have one. Just like a consumer has the right to review their experience.
You’ve :poop: on two threads now it seems.

Back