Behemoth chopper questions

I have the opportunity to trade for a behemoth chopper. What are they worth? Are mote going to be made?

I followed the thresd i know what they cost, looking for current market value.

HEADS UP (rule applies to posts from Basic memberships only):

"WHAT IS MY KNIFE / GADGET / SPATULA / TUNING FORK WORTH ?!?!?!?!
In order to curtail potential abuse of membership privileges associated with the forums, questions regarding valuation of knives and collections are limited to those with a membership level which permits selling on this site. Accordingly, registered and basic members may not start or post in threads with such requests whether with the intent to sell or for informational purposes only. This rule applies throughout the site."

As they say, membership has it's rewards, lol.

Last edited:
I may, never had a carothers but admire them. Need to know value so i know what i have to trade is a good deal or not. Trading a custom shop busse nm fmv14, cost of which is arounf $850 and sells for over 900 on exchange. Cost of behemoth chopper started less thsn $600

Also i have a gossman kubo and a trace rinaldi armageddon so idk how much room i have for big choppers its hard to jusify more than one lol

HEADS UP (rule applies to posts from Basic memberships only):

"WHAT IS MY KNIFE / GADGET / SPATULA / TUNING FORK WORTH ?!?!?!?!
In order to curtail potential abuse of membership privileges associated with the forums, questions regarding valuation of knives and collections are limited to those with a membership level which permits selling on this site. Accordingly, registered and basic members may not start or post in threads with such requests whether with the intent to sell or for informational purposes only. This rule applies throughout the site."

Im sorry do you see something i don't? Im registered at knifemaker level

Nothing wrong with the thread, I posted this because the rule doesn't allow basic members to post to such a thread, as the rule states.

FYI, it is not my intention or desire to do the job of a moderator, but to act as a source of information to those who perhaps are unfamiliar with all the rules. :)

Back to your thread,,,,

Nothing wrong with the thread, I posted this because the rule doesn't allow basic members to post to such a thread, as the rule states.

Oh i see thank you. I had never realized they couldnt respond either. I appreciate the input!

OP:

This was a very recent sale record of an extremely nice example of a BC which was all spiffed up as far as the handle scales options go:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...n-to-everybody.1454027/page-107#post-18729833

FWIW, the seller is a solid member of this Community and also this Subforum with great reputation. I am only posting this because he decided to leave the price up which perhaps be of help in your trade endeavors.

That BC had a sheath and antique micarta handle which made it a great buy (higher than the “600” you mentioned), considering the additions and shipping etc.

Your question would be better answered with a little more specifics: handle material? Sheath?

Personally, if you paid 850 for the knife you’re considering parting with, I’d sell your knife and wait for a BC for sell. Alternatively, you can post a WTB on this sub forum in the above for sale section. Hard to beat the members who frequent this sub forum for their willingness to help a brother out when you’re really jonesin for the goods...

Correctamundo uGAshooter and that was exactly my point!

Additionally the seller's solid representation on the subforum plus the reason(s) for selling as he had stated; all these little bits whether intrinsic or extrinsic add up and make a difference in ask/get price :)

Has a sheath dont know about handles, its from a memeber here ive done several deals with before not worried about reputation

Seems a bit high to me, even if it came with a sheath and antique edgecut Micarta scales...if it was just a regular FMV14 it'd be a closer match depending on handle material.

~Chip

The current sale pricing for a Behemoth direct from Nathan is $580 for the knife, $85 for the loop sheath and $100 minimum for the antique micarta, totalling $765 without shipping and without Paypal fee, as an example. Nothing too high about being pretty equal to the current cost, presuming unused, at least IMHO.

The current sale pricing for a Behemoth direct from Nathan is $580 for the knife, $85 for the loop sheath and $100 minimum for the antique micarta, totalling $765 without shipping and without Paypal fee, as an example. Nothing too high about being pretty equal to the current cost, presuming unused, at least IMHO.

I guess that I was not totally done in here, but something slightly OT and not thread topic related :rolleyes:

Bob, up to the recent past Nathan was the person in charge of producing the antique edgecut micarta handle scales which IIRC had caused a bottleneck with the fulfillment of the BC preorders with those antique edgecut micarta handle scales. Their future availability may change downwards or upwards presumably depending on as to whether Nathan is willing to delegate the work to someone else in the shop and also as to how much of that stuff will be left over! As an aside, while I know that the Westinghouse micarta handle scales are extremely rare commodities when it comes to any knives, and specially CPKs making them dearer and more valuable to collectors, I would personally take the antique edgecut ones over Westinghouse any day and twice over on a Sunday!

As you know, I have bought antique micarta handle scales in the past an after thought for a few of my CPKs, if and when available as extra left overs and sometimes the left overs are not exacting book ends as the ones that come with the actual orders. While in the past the antique edgecut scales were offered at what I think were really "giveaway" prices, their prices have justifiably been increased. I don't think that there are currently any BC handle scales in AEM being offered at $100. The last of the larger ones which I had bought to interchange with my MC was at $115 + $7 for shipping, while the last EDC2 swap over scales were $100 plus shipping. Case in point, IMHO the past CPKs which came from Nathan's workshop with AEM handle scales were already being offered at a GREAT VALUE.

*An important note:

Jo makes sure that preorders take priority and then if/when something is left over, she may consider selling separately. I mentioned this because I don't want anyone to get the idea that any special favors were curried over! As always, YMMV.

Back