Behemoth chopper questions

The BC would be awesome at lopping off limbs and splitting skulls. FMV14 would be better at stabbing. Personally, I’d want the dedicated chopper in this situation as walkers take longer to kill when stabbing.
I would also consider the fact that yours is a custom shop. All Busse models become rarer with time and, if they were popular, increase in value.
We don’t know if the Behemoth Chopper will or won’t be revisited as a pattern. Likely, if it is, it will be revamped and different in some way.
Initial sale price puts the FMV14 slightly higher. It’s hard to factor the future value as there are many unknown factors involved.
If... no, no... when the walkers come I would feel most confident with the BC in one hand and the FMV14 in the other.
So keep your custom shop FMV and purchase a BC.

Last edited:
One is dark tiger hide linen micarta one is black and gray g10. I bought 2 with intent to sell one.

I probably would have a cpk but im always worki g at 2pm fri afternoon and cant have my phone out.

You can always ask for a proxy, or get in on one of the preorders if there's one for the model you want, or post a WTB in the CPK B/S/T thread :) Half my CPK's came directly from Nathan, the rest from some of the great CPK bunch;)

~Chip

I guess that I was not totally done in here, but something slightly OT and not thread topic related :rolleyes:

Bob, up to the recent past Nathan was the person in charge of producing the antique edgecut micarta handle scales which IIRC had caused a bottleneck with the fulfillment of the BC preorders with those antique edgecut micarta handle scales. Their future availability may change downwards or upwards presumably depending on as to whether Nathan is willing to delegate the work to someone else in the shop and also as to how much of that stuff will be left over! As an aside, while I know that the Westinghouse micarta handle scales are extremely rare commodities when it comes to any knives, and specially CPKs making them dearer and more valuable to collectors, I would personally take the antique edgecut ones over Westinghouse any day and twice over on a Sunday!

I don't think my post contradicts your comments in any way, considering that I used "and $100 minimum for the antique micarta" . As to my own preference about antique vs proven Westinghouse, I will take Nathan's antique micarta any day over anything Westinghouse because of Nathan's method of edgecutting it, which produces a product vastly nicer in appearance, it's f'in' gorgeous. And I think the pricepoint has perhaps more to do with the reduced supply (initially, there was something like a thousand pounds of it!).

I don't think my post contradicts your comments in any way, considering that I used "and $100 minimum for the antique micarta" . As to my own preference about antique vs proven Westinghouse, I will take Nathan's antique micarta any day over anything Westinghouse because of Nathan's method of edgecutting it, which produces a product vastly nicer in appearance, it's f'in' gorgeous. And I think the pricepoint has perhaps more to do with the reduced supply (initially, there was something like a thousand pounds of it!).

Yes not contradictory at all, was just expounding on your comment.

The problem with TWD using the BC is clearly the problem such an awesome blade would’ve caused. With such power, the entire walker population would’ve fallen or simply “died” in fear. While I love the TGLB, I’d much rather be the guy wielding the BC in any zombie apocalypse!

Murman, BC feels light in hand for a large blade...I sold one of mine here for $400, so that'll probably put me at the left end of the Normal Curve for BC sales. They can be sniped for close to list price if you're patient and quick.

The Light Chopper is my favorite user in the CPK models. I'm bettin you'd like that one. Knowing you like I do I'd recommend it.

I think you'd find the BC pretty comparable to other things in your arsenal...at least I did. The handle of the BC is pretty different from any Busse you've wrapped your ham hands around. I think that's where you'd notice the MOST difference. You may really like it.

I come over here for things different from Busse-- seems like you're on the same trail. And the LC has been a pretty noticeable departure from anything over there for me.

All good, just different...viva la difference! :)

Oh, and while you're lurkin over here try ya some TeroTuf handles...they're kinda like Busse canvas Micarta only more comfy IMHO. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Murman, BC feels light in hand for a large blade...I sold one of mine here for $400, so that'll probably put me at the left end of the Normal Curve for BC sales. They can be sniped for close to list price if you're patient and quick.

The Light Chopper is my favorite user in the CPK models. I'm bettin you'd like that one. Knowing you like I do I'd recommend it.

I think you'd find the BC pretty comparable to other things in your arsenal...at least I did. The handle of the BC is pretty different from any Busse you've wrapped your ham hands around. I think that's where you'd notice the MOST difference. You may really like it.

I come over here for things different from Busse-- seems like you're on the same trail. And the LC has been a pretty noticeable departure from anything over there for me.

All good, just different...viva la difference! :)

Oh, and while you're lurkin over here try ya some TeroTuf handles...they're kinda like Busse canvas Micarta only more comfy IMHO. :thumbsup:
Thanks!

Nathan was being nice on the price of the BC, we had to wait almost a year after paying in full. So no doubt in my mind, they’ll cost more soon. Its also only like 25 oz so nothing really compares if you factor in weight.
Like boxers, if its over 25oz it cannot enter the ring imo

Nathan was being nice on the price of the BC, we had to wait almost a year after paying in full. So no doubt in my mind, they’ll cost more soon. Its also only like 25 oz so nothing really compares if you factor in weight.
Like boxers, if its over 25oz it cannot enter the ring imo

Scrap Yard 1311 comes in around 18 oz-- or is that too light for a title shot?

It's a Horses for courses kind of deal. But I've found 1311 and BC filling a similar niche for me, YMMV.

1311 makes a fairly serviceable machete, in addition. Haven't swung the BC in any fencerows....yet. I'm sure it'd perform well, though.

The handles on NASKs, BC's, and LC's are the biggest difference makers for me for Carothers vs. Anybody else.

I like the handles on these models and I like TeroTuf for users-- this is the biggest differences I've found between Busse and CPK. Both of these are what I'd term "functional" things. Like what you'll notice most if you test drive 2 comparable coupes from different makers. You'll notice how the seats feel, vision, control layout, etc. Both will get you from A to B.

Yes I agree and You are correct in that the 1311 is an amazing knife for its weight and price to performance ratio, not many others come to mind. but I'm sure there are some. Nathan did an amazing job on the BC as well, for it's price to performance ratio. It costs more but you get more. So it's a matter of preference imo. I love my BC, it's a great option for big choppers.

Back