Behind The Scenes 10/16/2017 - .....

Behind The Scenes @ Fiddleback Forge

Just a friendly reminder these knives are for “Preview” not “Pre-sale”.

Kyle is getting a little extra Profiling work done this morning

2v2uVvwdWxurAoi.jpg

2v2uVvwRLxurAoi.jpg

He’s getting “Allen’s wall” stocked up

2v2uVvwmhxurAoi.jpg

Someone asked about our bolsters last week. I managed to catch Allen glueing some up & they say a pic is worth a 1000 words. I think this pic will help better understand than the previous pic I posted.

2v2uVvwjdxurAoi.jpg

2v2uVvwyGxurAoi.jpg

I made some machete pins this morning. Every single one is a different size

2v2uVvz4FxurAoi.jpg

2v2uVvzinxurAoi.jpg

2v2uVv8YjxurAoi.jpg

2v2uVv8fdxurAoi.jpg

2v2uVv8KrxurAoi.jpg

2v2uVv89NxurAoi.jpg

2v2uVv8oqxurAoi.jpg

2v2uVvjMjxurAoi.jpg

2v2uVvjr5xurAoi.jpg

Frequently I get inquiries regarding the “angle” as to which folks should sharpen their knives. We don’t have a set angle like some sharpening systems do.

2v2uVvwVgxurAoi.jpg

Ill get some pics of me Marking the knives(as requested last week) later on this week when it’s that time.

I’m not sure when Allen is Rustic wrapping anything again. That may take some time.

More to come as time permits.

Thanks for looking!

Questions & Comments welcome.

Thanks for the preview Phillip :thumbsup:

See some stunners in there. I might have to check myself in for Fiddleback rehab if you’se keep churning out these beauts.
AMEN TO THAT Scotcha Scotcha
But I keep referring back to some wise advice of many here on BF and find comfort when they say buying knives is cheaper than rehab or therapy. :D

What are the metal pieces behind the Micrometer in the pin picture used for? Just wondering...

The wood handled hiking buddy with natural liners, white pinstripes, two (natural/white) 1/4" pins and a white bulls-eye tube looks to be an interesting variation. :thumbsup:

Edit: Hmm... Looks like the knife actually turned out to have natural 1/4" pins and bulls-eye tube.

IMG_4178-vi.jpg

Last edited:
What are the metal pieces behind the Micrometer in the pin picture used for? Just wondering...
since every pin on the machetes is a different length, we made jigs for each one..... David came up with the idea, but someone monkey'd w/ the mini chop saw & his jigs did not work anymore. So I came up with a new set.
I scribed the dimensions and Kyle profiled them out for me

so 12" 3..... is the third pin for a 12" machete or the 16 #1 or whatnot

Back