Behold The Recon Scout In 3V

It looks great. I would really love to get one but ~$300 retail still seems steep to me. Curious that it's marked as made in Taiwan, I could have sworn I saw it listed somewhere as being made in Italy.
I know that they have been listing the incoming 3V Natchez and Laredo Bowie knives as being sourced from Italy, but don't know about which others are.
They do already list some of their other 3V models as Taiwan sourced.

I know that they have been listing the incoming 3V Natchez and Laredo Bowie knives as being sourced from Italy, but don't know about which others are.
They do already list some of their other 3V models as Taiwan sourced.

Ah, its likely I got my models mixed up.

had em in stock but are sold out already

Last edited by a moderator:
whoa nice. now I want one, but price is gonna stop me.

Go ! Everyone else wants another $100 more, don't see that to often.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks great. I would really love to get one but ~$300 retail still seems steep to me. Curious that it's marked as made in Taiwan, I could have sworn I saw it listed somewhere as being made in Italy.
Knifecenter, and think several other places list the 3V Recon Scout as "Italy".
But- seeing a price of $400 or so, I'm wondering if there are two editions.

Guard is stainless? Not brass as in the catalog pictures?
Good catch. On sites where "Italy" is mentioned the guard looks like brass. Another reason to suspect that CS "may" be introducing a Taiwan and Italian version.
Pyz97M.jpg

Just arrived kind of similar in finish as the old san mai version real nice, too nice to use, of course ! Gotta get the Trailmaster and Laredo bowie in 3V and im done...
Goldie,
Would you be good enough to post a photo of the other side ricasso markings?
Thanks.
Ken

Maybe they're still just using pics from the A2 version that never happened?

i think weight is the same ill get a picture up of the other side of the tang ;sheath is the same as always.Guard is stainless everything i similar to a san mai recon scout or trailmaster.Never thought they would sell out so quick at 305.00

i think weight is the same ill get a picture up of the other side of the tang ;sheath is the same as always.Guard is stainless everything i similar to a san mai recon scout or trailmaster.Never thought they would sell out so quick at 305.00
Thanks. My San Mai III REcon Scout was Convex grind/edge (like my SM TM) which I think is not the case with he 3V versions. At least from what I can tell from the photos.

They have 2 in stock!

These are two clearly different knives. In addition to the different guards, the first one has a noticeably broader blade with a more rounded choil than the second one, which is much slimmer looking, and has a more angular choil.

Pyz97M.jpg

Back