Behold The Recon Scout In 3V

Could the one from be a counterfeit?
Could be, but doubt it being sold by an established vendor. Still waiting for more pics from goldie goldie .
The right side ricasso markings seem new (GSM) to me, never seen it before.
I still think that there might be 2 versions. Well, at least 1 version until the Italian ones start showing up as available.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could the one from be a counterfeit?
has been very reliable for me in the past , but who can know for sure ? :confused:

EDIT : Thinking about this further , I sincerely doubt that Midway would risk their reputation .

They sell a huge volume of firearm/ ammo , hunting and related gear .

I don't think they need to be dishonest to make a good profit .

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt there are two versions being produced in different countries at the same time. More likely, they just messed up the information on the CS website, and that's now being copied by all the retailers. In addition to the country of origin being stated as Italy, the weight is stated as 9.5oz, which can't be right.

It does annoy me when companies can't get a few basic facts right about their own products.

I doubt there are two versions being produced in different countries at the same time. More likely, they just messed up the information on the CS website, and that's now being copied by all the retailers. In addition to the country of origin being stated as Italy, the weight is stated as 9.5oz, which can't be right.

It does annoy me when companies can't get a few basic facts right about their own products.
It "could" be an error as you describe.
But I recall Cold Steel has in the past sold two versions of the same model with different Countries of Origin.
In 2018 there was the Master Hunter 3V made in Italy, and the Master Hunter3V made in Taiwan.
Both had the same CS-36CB model number and slightly different finishes.

$300 for a Taiwanese Knife. We are truly in clown world. I am saying this as a lifelong Cold Steel fan. I can understand people spending more thinking it's made in Italy, but now that we know it's made in Taiwan, no one should support this fraudulent behavior by GSM. Benchmade makes a Leuku Knife in 3V for $140 that's MADE IN THE USA. GSM is outright scamming people now. Terrible

$300 for a Taiwanese Knife. We are truly in clown world. I am saying this as a lifelong Cold Steel fan. I can understand people spending more thinking it's made in Italy, but now that we know it's made in Taiwan, no one should support this fraudulent behavior by GSM. Benchmade makes a Leuku Knife in 3V for $140 that's MADE IN THE USA. GSM is outright scamming people now. Terrible
I have one and its fit, finish and sharpness is as good or better than anything that came from Japan or USA. Comparing it to that little Benchmade is silly

Back