BELTS!

I finally had time to make those belts I've been wanting to do. Another shout out to Dave (aka Horsewright); the "Building a Belt" post he made back when really had some good tips in there that was very helpful.

One is Buffalo, the other is W&C leather:
(I can't take credit for the cool buckle with our logo--a friend of ours made that).

received_3679269315481133.jpeg

Those look great !!!!!! Excellent job !!!!!!

Making a belt or two is on my list of things to try too :)

Nice work thanks for sharing :)

Those look great Amy! Glad to be of some help, been a while on that one, I’d kinda forgot about it. What did you use for linings?

Those look great Amy! Glad to be of some help, been a while on that one, I’d kinda forgot about it. What did you use for linings?

I lined both of them with 8 oz W&C--my leather on hand is kind of slim pickings right now. I'd probably gone with 6 oz if I'd had it on hand. But they are nice and sturdy, which is what i wanted. I skived the leather down (by hand!) in the buckle area--I wouldn't have known to do that if you hadn't shown it in the build along. I used the oval punch for the buckle holes--you were right about how hard it is to keep that tool straight!

I lined both of them with 8 oz W&C--my leather on hand is kind of slim pickings right now. I'd probably gone with 6 oz if I'd had it on hand. But they are nice and sturdy, which is what i wanted. I skived the leather down (by hand!) in the buckle area--I wouldn't have known to do that if you hadn't shown it in the build along. I used the oval punch for the buckle holes--you were right about how hard it is to keep that tool straight!
Good deal, they’ll be plenty stout for sure!

Back