Ben Tendick Ninjato

Infi-del

Gold Member
Always wanted a quality Ninjato since I was a little boy. I grew up on Sho Kosugi movies and all the ninja hype of the 80's. I get it isn't a historically accurate blade for the most part. But nontheless it was a sword that captured my imagination. I remember looking at Phill Hartsfield catalogs thinking "one day". And Ben does work in a similar fashion though with his own style, techiques, and preferred materials. So this was my chance to have a modern style Ninjato made with excellent materials and craftsmanship.

I named it "Shadow Hawk"

414433949.jpg

414433948.jpg

414433947.jpg

Very cool. I have three of his knives.

I was able to handle the blue wrapped waki he had at blade show two years ago in Oregon! Wanted it badly!

Beautiful sword, awesome collection. Thank you for sharing.:)

I have 4 pieces from Ben. All beautiful.:thumbsup:

Those are just lovely. You totally need my Shinobi to go along with your two with dark red Same. You don't see those too often from Ben either...

Thank you. That is an awesome blade I love that Burgundy Ray. However I must confess that now that I have seen your sword I know what's next!:D

There is something distinctly addictive about Ben's knives. Every time he posts a new batch on Instagram I am always tempted. The work is just so clean and purposeful. Always brilliantly executed.:thumbsup::)

That might have been mine also before he sent it too me. I can't remember if he took it to show off or not. Was it the one on top in this photo...

414433946.jpg

Might have, but i think the one he has on the table was lighter blue than that, and it was for sale, if I remember.

I ended up getting a Kwaiken from him, then finding a warncliff with the same color underwear to match.

Honestly I love his blues, burgundy, and natural color wraps with color pops even more.

9MoCuLX.jpg

995So90.jpg

T6E31Bo.jpg

You have too many nice Tendick knives/swords, and you don't need the Keffler sword either!! Share the wealth!!

Two of my favorite makers right now!

That might have been mine also before he sent it too me. I can't remember if he took it to show off or not. Was it the one on top in this photo...

I looked back. It was his Ko Katana with carbon fiber saya.

This one:

mDHZL6N.jpg

dl25Wdj.jpg

Weird, the pics are nor showing for me. But are there when I go to re-edit and fix.

Last edited:
Back