Benchmade’s founder has passed away.

3cIWIPX.jpg

My sincere condolences. I met him at the 2012 Bladeshow, he was outside smoking a cigar. Talked to him about the Contego I had just purchased before my friend told me who he was. He was a very nice man and I really enjoyed meeting him.
He will be missed.

I spoke with him just a few years ago at BladeShow Atlanta. A wonderful human being. Rest in peace Les.

So sorry to hear that. Benchmade knives set a high standard in innovation and quality, a testimony to its founder.

Didn't know him, never had the pleasure of meeting him. But what a legacy...

A little piece of him lives on in tradesmen, collectors, enthusiasts, soldiers, hunters, and on and on every single day. Every time someone reaches into their pocket or pulls one of his knives out of a sheath they pay a tremendous homage of respect to him and his knives. And that is millions of "someones" that do that every day.

He will never be forgotten.

Robert

RIP Les. Bought my first Benchmade's in the mid 90's a AFCK and a Benchmade Emerson, still have them. My first intro to quality knives, and a start of a great collection.

Rip. Loving my Benchmades, have one at the mothership being taken care of. I will proudly use them and always be glad for the company he built. Condolences to the family. He will be missed!

Sorry to hear that, sounds like someone whom will be dearly missed! Condolences to his family.

RIP Mr. de Asis. Sad news.

mqqn

He'll still be around with all of these pisser knives getting used, gawked at, and loved. Rip to him, brother. He's most likely smiling and gonna meet some new, good folks while he's waiting to hang out with you again.

Back