Benchmade 319 Proper...I like it

That's what I figured, not surprised. Let's just say this isn't the first quality issue I have had with Benchmade in the last year. Heck, this isn't even the second or third. Might be done with the butterfly after this one. If CRKT or Kershaw can get a Chinese folder right at a $20 price point, why can't Benchmade get it together at the $100+ mark? I love the fact that it's American made, but stupid stuff like this is really starting to make me wonder if it's really even worth the price anymore. $115+ for a knife that doesn't even come fully assembled, are you kidding me?

That's what I figured, not surprised. Let's just say this isn't the first quality issue I have had with Benchmade in the last year. Heck, this isn't even the second or third. Might be done with the butterfly after this one. If CRKT or Kershaw can get a Chinese folder right at a $20 price point, why can't Benchmade get it together at the $100+ mark? I love the fact that it's American made, but stupid stuff like this is really starting to make me wonder if it's really even worth the price anymore. $115+ for a knife that doesn't even come fully assembled, are you kidding me?

Yeah I agree with you. That is not acceptable. Can you send me a pic of the box label if you have it?

Yeah I agree with you. That is not acceptable. Can you send me a pic of the box label if you have it?
20171229_145820.jpg

Didn't realize Jay's carried Benchmade. Living in Houghton Lake, I can go north or south to hit one. Remember when Jays was located on the south side of town. Buccilli15 , any relationship to the people who run the most excellent pizzeria in town?

Didn't realize Jay's carried Benchmade. Living in Houghton Lake, I can go north or south to hit one. Remember when Jays was located on the south side of town. Buccilli15 , any relationship to the people who run the most excellent pizzeria in town?

Yes sir, my uncle owns that restaurant :D. I in metro-Detroit now, but have a lot of family in HL, West Branch, and Clare/Farwell. Nice area- my wife and I are actually coming up tomorrow morning to snowshoe around Grayling.

My family has a cottage on Houghton and I'm usually in the Clare/Harrison area just about every other weekend.

Yes sir, my uncle owns that restaurant :D. I in metro-Detroit now, but have a lot of family in HL, West Branch, and Clare/Farwell. Nice area- my wife and I are actually coming up tomorrow morning to snowshoe around Grayling.
Hi neighbor ,li in Windsor Ontario:thumbsup:

I ended up picking the micarta version. This has been a knife i've considered for a while but never could pull the trigger on for some reason. I'm looking for a replacement to my SAK - but it has to be pinchable. I'm tired of using a nail nick.

I ended up picking the micarta version. This has been a knife I've considered for a while but never could pull the trigger on for some reason. I'm looking for a replacement to my SAK - but it has to be pinchable. I'm tired of using a nail nick.

Congrats on the new blade! I don't get around to carrying mine as much as I'd like lately (for most of my day to day useage, OHO and closing modern folders are more prudent and practical, although I made sure to bring it up with me to my cabin this time around), but it's a classy piece that's easily enjoyed if you're a modern guy looking to move into traditionals or perhaps a traditional guy wanting a modern take on something old school.

I'm right there with you on the nail nick (I'd rather they just didn't put it there at all personally), but there's easily enough blade sticking out to just pinch and pull to open.

It's been a long day and the sun's long gone from the sky, but I think this thread could use a photo or two so I'll throw something up tomorrow (for some context/proof of my claims about it's pedigree in the "looks" department)!

I don’t carry my Propers anymore, not that there’s anything wrong with them. I just found other slipjoints I like more. If I want a single-blade slipjoint I grab one of these:
  • Three Rivers Nomad
  • Hinderer XM Slippy
  • LionSteel Roundhead/Shuffler/Dom
i.ashx

i.ashx

i.ashx

I don’t carry my Propers anymore, not that there’s anything wrong with them. I just found other slipjoints I like more. If I want a single-blade slipjoint I grab one of these:
  • Three Rivers Nomad
  • Hinderer XM Slippy
  • LionSteel Roundhead/Shuffler/Dom
i.ashx

i.ashx

i.ashx

I thought long and hard about the Lionsteel Sheepsfoot and M390 almost made me do it. The Proper seems like more of a user though? I may pick a Lionsteel up just to compare.

I thought long and hard about the Lionsteel Sheepsfoot and M390 almost made me do it. The Proper seems like more of a user though? I may pick a Lionsteel up just to compare.

I’d definitely try one. I think it’s every bit the user a Proper is. The Dom (sheepfoot) is my favorite version.

I’d definitely try one. I think it’s every bit the user a Proper is. The Dom (sheepfoot) is my favorite version.

I don't know why there's just something about it that I don't care for.

I got my Proper in though and I really enjoy this one so far.

ojnKEAE8Xf-RNhMz7TcotUFok6vkn8Ihz8Up9mTFmWkl6gTT7ebtJvQviJaaQ2DdeCpCquU9ZMRj8LHUHhRIRMXoMIUhIi6I-pFtFUHvvHtr3-bAq9e1DbSKRVDjGMknR51R15jS2Fg=w2400

Great little blades, i have a clip/micarta version on the way to replace the SF one my father liked so much he commandeered ;)! And by that I mean I gave it to him so I'd have an excuse to try the clip blade out.

I'm sure I'll take some flak for this, but I do wish there was a locking version.

Great little blades, i have a clip/micarta version on the way to replace the SF one my father liked so much he commandeered ;)! And by that I mean I gave it to him so I'd have an excuse to try the clip blade out.

I'm sure I'll take some flak for this, but I do wish there was a locking version.

It locks, just dont stab stuff. ;)

Back