Benchmade 319 Proper...I like it

That is awesome! I was thinking... shooting some epoxy in the crack, clamp the snot out of it wrapped in wax paper, finish it off when cured.

Really looks great!

Ok, need to show off the first Proper accessory!

And, now it's in the pocket, form fitting through carry.

proper sheath first use.jpg

Does anyone remember form fitting their new dungarees? Remember the stifferthancardboardbrandspankingnew jeans we got as kids? If you are this old? Remember if you hit somebody with them you'd cause serious damage?

Did you put them on, get soaked by the hose, or walk into the surf, and wear them until they were dry? and after you peeled them off and scrubbed the blue of yourself - those dungarees fit didn't they?!

Well hell - did you even call them dungarees or were you always wearing bluejeans? I know, I know, squids wear dungarees, but so did kids in the 50's and 60's. At least those of us that lived outside did!

With the liners there I think it should be strong enough. Problem came up because I had to hand sand off the knife to avoid screwheads.
I'm odering a bunch more premium ironwood and some 1/16" black G10, I think a G10 liner layer will prevent cracks like that and look really cool.

Ok, need to show off the first Proper accessory!

And, now it's in the pocket, form fitting through carry.

View attachment 1118128

Does anyone remember form fitting their new dungarees? Remember the stifferthancardboardbrandspankingnew jeans we got as kids? If you are this old? Remember if you hit somebody with them you'd cause serious damage?

Did you put them on, get soaked by the hose, or walk into the surf, and wear them until they were dry? and after you peeled them off and scrubbed the blue of yourself - those dungarees fit didn't they?!

Well hell - did you even call them dungarees or were you always wearing bluejeans? I know, I know, squids wear dungarees, but so did kids in the 50's and 60's. At least those of us that lived outside did!
Looks great Michael. The red/black goes well together. :thumbsup:

I love Marlins and a Proper goes with them perfectly. LOL, did a NS hunter star inlay on a Mini-14 once, would have been more appropriate on a 336 or 1895 Cowboy. Often the best guns are older.

I would never have thought to do it but got a customer request so decided to give it a try. They wanted to do just blade and backspring but because of the bladestop I discouraged that, kind of a bummer, would look cool like that.

Back