Benchmade 551-1 just got one yesterday.

Bummer...gray and blue will have to do. Still a better deal than a Ritter + custom scales.

Yup. I think the crucible version of the steel is better than M390. USA made also. The scales seem more dark to me than in photos.

Yup. I think the crucible version of the steel is better than M390. USA made also. The scales seem more dark to me than in photos.

That's good to hear, can't wait to get mine. I don't mind gray, I just don't care for it on my knives.

I just received mine after some time lost to international transit. It is my first Benchmade knife and I love it! I do feel that the scales are a little on the smoother side but it's not too bad. Overall it is quite comfortable on the hands. Blade comes razor sharp and I was able to do thin strips on newspaper using only push cuts. I am however not so pleased with the blue tints found on my copy. The photos all show it having more of a royal blue or rich blue spacers but mine seems more on the cyanish side of tint. Even the blue liners look lighter in tint. Somehow it just made the knife look cheap. Other than this the entire knife was well made. No play on blade and centering is perfect!

I received this one in the mail, $150 shipped. First impression is fantastic and I have not usually been a big griptilian fan. However this one is very nice and solid. Way better balanced than plastic handle. Came very sharp, very recommended. Would put up pics but can't figure out how, lol.

Maybe I missed something but did you get a 555 or a 556 ? I haven't seen the 555's released yet. I'm not sure if you can get one from BM directly yet either.

Back