Benchmade 940-1 experiences?

I keep all my Benchmade Axis Lock knives tuned so that they fall open and shut when the lock bar is retracted. I seldom use the thumb stud, but it doesn’t bother me. If it were in the way, I would remove it. So the knives are flickers. I have a couple of 940-1’s, but I prefer the shape of the 943 clip point blades. I like the S-90-V steel in the 940-1, but it is not offered in the 943 blade shape.
All of my Benchmade knives are now sitting in the safe. I have discovered knives with a better combination of features. If I were left handed, Benchmades would be more in play. My favorite knives are not ambidextrous.

Got it. Initial impressions...........why did I wait this long to get the 940-1?!?!?!

nzFakA0.jpg

lfNyzf2.jpg

Checked before it was sent, but came with spot on grind, perfect centering, solid lockup, fit and finish is legit, and nice and sharp. The carbon fiber is s.t.u.n.n.i.n.g!

The input that it's small and light were dead on, and exactly why I like it. It's a keeper, can't wait to start carrying it as my wife now will hold onto it till my birthday.

Thanks everyone for the help on this one!

Congrats! Whoever said the 940 is small is inaccurate. It is slim and light for sure but it has a cutting edge longer than Spyderco PM2.

Reactions: DMG
Congrats! Whoever said the 940 is small is inaccurate. It is slim and light for sure but it has a cutting edge longer than Spyderco PM2.

Definately slim and light, and amazing blade to handle ratio. Very simular in that regard to the Protech Malibu. I never put much importance to it, but now a days I do put it in the plus column. Especially on an axis lock I trust.

Reactions: DMG
If you can find one for a reasonable price, the 940-1 is a great compromise between weight and blade length. Mine has perfect centering and grind; it was a bit tight initially but after a very slight adjustment of the pivot screw, it has been incredibly smooth. Overall, it seems good for general EDC tasks that don't require either a thin slicer blade or the overbuilt robustness of something like an XM-18.

Great looking knife Yo Mama!

My 940 has ruined me when it comes to knife actions, every other knife I try is just ok in comparison.

Since so many people brought up prices, I'm not convinced that the pricing is all that bad. People pay $450 for S35VN and Titanium, which in actual use doesn't seem all that compelling compared to even the old 940 with S30V and aluminum with steel liners. I think people discount S30V because it is aging and boring, not because it isn't good. IMO S35VN and S45VN are just a way to sell S30V-plus with a name that sounds new and sexy.

Back