Benchmade and H&K latest news - no one mentioned yet?

First Lone Wolf now HK. What's going on at BM? Their budget line strategy seems all over the shop.

Sad to hear about the HK line. Been carry my hk axis all week and it is a great knife for the price. I wonder if there is something else behind the killing off of the line?

Damn.

I consider the Axis and Mini-Axis folders to be some of the best value in the knife world.

Guess I'd better stock up.

Never been a big fan of the HK line, so this doesn't bother me...

Alway's felt the best knives BM made where in the Blue class.

H&K said it was mutual, and are looking to strike a deal with another manufacturer.

Spyderco also released their discontinued models for 2017.

Looks like I am saving up for a 908-1501 Stryker...

Looks like I am saving up for a 908-1501 Stryker...

If you do pick one up.....you will love it Bill!! Had mine for a few months now and it is a sexy beast!!
If you'd like to check mine out before you buy, PM me and I'll send it to you for a couple weeks brother. It's NOT for sale, so no pressure at all.
Let me know!!
Joe

I guess I need to rethink some of my purchase plans, especially if dealers start running clearance deals on their HK inventories. I absolutely love my HK Axis and was considering an MP5, but wasn't in any particular hurry. Looks like that will change...

I guess Benchmade is dead to me now---The Presidio's and HK's are pretty much the only BM's I've purchased ---MAP pricing has stopped me from buying anything new from them---the HK's were a nice priced alternative.

Oh well, looks like Spyderco will be the one getting my money these days.

Crud.

I really like HK's 14715 and 14716. Two fantastic knives.

I wonder if Benchmade will bring them back under different names and model #s.

This is strange timing for me. After not owning a benchmade knife since like 2007 a week ago I began a search for an axis lock knife...

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1441014-Question-for-the-benchmade-experts

I am used to beefy knives like Striders, Hinderers, ZT's, etc. I wanted a beefy Axis lock knife with a thick blade, strong tip, and under 5oz weight. I found the HK models were pretty much exactly what I was looking for. After receiving it a few days ago I liked it so much I ordered 3 more, lol. Hopefully benchmade will release something similar to replace the HK Axis because it was the only knife I found which met my search criteria in their line up. And all the ones I bought were under $90 delivered!

This thread needs pics! Here's a nice one from GP Knives website...

Last edited:
Hopefully benchmade will release something similar to replace the HK Axis because it was the only knife I found which met my search criteria in their line up.

Probably depends on whether it was HK or Benchmade who actually designed it, Axis lock notwithstanding. But if becomes a "real" Benchmade, you can probably count on a healthy price hike for the logo.

For what it's worth, if it is HK's own design and they enlist someone else to produce it with comparable specs, they'd have my attention. Maybe someone like Hogue, for instance, given the job they did on their Wilson Combat model a few years back.

I'm sure there was some disagreement that has caused this. Like when a very popular restaurant "loses its lease" kinda thing.

I think this will make the Benchmade brand stronger. The H&K line, while very good knives, was a distraction.

I do like the H&K Mini Axis. A guy at work carries one. I may even get one if they get discounted.

Sad to see BM discontinuing the HK line.

I'm glad I got to pick up one last year. It's a great knife for the money.

If you do pick one up.....you will love it Bill!! Had mine for a few months now and it is a sexy beast!!
If you'd like to check mine out before you buy, PM me and I'll send it to you for a couple weeks brother. It's NOT for sale, so no pressure at all.
Let me know!!
Joe

I appreciate the offer but I have handled a regular model at Shooters already. So I know I will take to the knife readily.

Thank you again.

Back