Benchmade and their choices as a company

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to be one of those situations where everyone gets worked up about it for a week...then it'll go back to normal and we'll laugh about it in the future while continuing to buy their knives.
On a side note. Anyone have a 940-1 they're looking to sell?

As for it being "A HUGE BUSINESS ERROR" That remains to be seen but I bet you that 95 percent of Benchmade knife owners have NO CLUE about any of that ever happening and tomorrow those BM knives will be slipped into their designated pockets and have a normal day at work. I just swapped out my Delica for my Bugout and it's not even friday! That's how strongly I feel about my statement but I realy hope that I don't get beat up or splatterd with red paint by the hords of angry BM h8ting knife nuts:confused:. Long live the Butterfly!

Some things to know, from a local.

1. Benchmade is well represented in not just outdoor shops like Sportsman’s, but also in gun shops. Northwest Armory is one of, if not The, big gun movers in the Portland metro area, and Benchmade is strongly hooked in with them.

2. Benchmade owns a staggering share of the $100-$150 price range. I’ve been told by a dealer that it’s an 85% slice of that price point.

This is Cecil the lion— a thing people are passionate about while it’s a headline, then forget they’re passionate about it in a few days.

This is Cecil the lion— a thing people are passionate about while it’s a headline, then forget they’re passionate about it in a few days.
Exactly, its recreational outrage. I'm a gun lover as well as a knife lover. Those guns were going to get destroyed anyway, it was ordered by the courts. We dont even know where they came from, couldve been drug dealers, black market, etc. People are too quick to jump on the bandwagon.

As for it being "A HUGE BUSINESS ERROR" That remains to be seen but I bet you that 95 percent of Benchmade knife owners have NO CLUE about any of that ever happening and tomorrow those BM knives will be slipped into their designated pockets and have a normal day at work. I just swapped out my Delica for my Bugout and it's not even friday! That's how strongly I feel about my statement but I realy hope that I don't get beat up or splatterd with red paint by the hords of angry BM h8ting knife nuts:confused:. Long live the Butterfly!

More power to you...

Destroying guns is just bad optics. Which is why some of us are more concerned with Benchmade's political support of anti-2A politicians.
You're right, it was pretty stupid for them to release that video because of how easily it could be misunderstood. As for their politics, its theirs, I dont agree with it but I dont have to agree with it to buy their knives. They're still a great American company, heck Ruger didnt support the sale of 30 round magazines for a long time, but I have a Ruger MPR.

I only have one BM that I bought used for a cheap ass price anyway. I would never buy a brand new BM or a used one again for that matter. There are much more quality knife companies out there IMO.

As for their politics, its theirs, I dont agree with it but I dont have to agree with it to buy their knives. They're still a great American company, heck Ruger didnt support the sale of 30 round magazines for a long time, but I have a Ruger MPR.
That Ruger died with Bill. They aren't wavering in their 2A support now.

I'm a big Benchmade fan and own a good amount of their knives, despite some QC issues I've had. But there are a lot of other great American knife companies out there also. I'd rather support them with my money. Which is really too bad, as I was hoping a M390 Bugout would come out one day.

But there are a lot of other great American knife companies out there also. I'd rather support them with my money. Which is really too bad, as I was hoping a M390 Bugout would come out one day.
I guess well just have to wait and see what the long term effects are of this if there are any.

Totally ridiculous the way 2A irrational fanatics are reacting over this. Btw if any of you chooses to get rid of their Benchmade by throwing it to the trash or destroying it send it to me instead. I'll take it lol. Ridiculous.

I know I'm about to sound a little petty here and I apologize.

I bought my first Benchmade the other day a little 300 Axis Flipper. I've been enjoying the knife so much I had decided to pick up a new 698 Foray on payday at the end of the month. Well after today I'm cancelling those plans.
It's not about them cutting up some seized guns as much as them financially supporting anti gun politicians.

If I'm going to lug something around with me I need to feel good about that product. And frankly I'm feeling pretty salty about Benchmade right now. I know it's a drop in the bucket, but you know what I worked hard for that little drop and I feel like it's better spent elsewhere.

One way or another, I guess we all should.

Not really.

Reminds me of those people burning their Nike stuff, or any of the other times I heard about people getting worked up for a week or two about some damn thing.

Maybe they'll make more money as YouTube people buy Benchmade knives to make videos of themselves grinding them up to get more views and likes, just like happened with Nike. ;)

1- Every gun I own is still safe. BM didn't take one.

2- Of course they support a lot of politicians with a D in front of their name, their in OR. That's who's in charge.

3- Who cares what their politics are. This is America, not some dicatatorship were we have to support one train of thought.

Overall I give this a big fat pfft, and who cares.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back