Benchmade and their choices as a company

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benchmade is a KNIFE MANUFACTURER that sets up a booth at the NRA show, makes and heavily promotes a line of knives called HUNT, makes a Black Class line of knives targeted to law enforcement, military, and first responders, has a standing discount for those same people, and volunteers services to their local police department -and people on the internet are seriously calling into question their politics around guns and knives? Is this the Twilight Zone?
Furthermore, if you have to dig into weird dark web internet sites to find somebody’s political leaning, that person surely isn’t forcing their beliefs down anybody else’s throats.
I was just up in Oregon a few weeks ago at a [great] sporting goods store buying tannerite to blow up in the woods with my buddy’s .30-06 and the guy letting me handle Glocks while we waited went on a ludicrous tangent about how he wanted his state representative to catch on fire and die in a plane crash screaming for being a “communist.” Did I still buy the tannerite and a beer koozy? Yes. Did I hang around extra to hear him tell me the world is flat? No.

Give me a break.
Regardless, that was dumb on their part! They could have respectfully declined!! Now they pay the consequences.

They could have refused, the police in Oregon are a weird bunch anyway. Police state comes to mind!!
But why? If it was toxic or bio waste, old gear, broken weapons, or anything else that's required to be destroyed, nobody would bat an eye about this. It doesn't matter what they were cutting up so long as nobody could use it anymore (and legally those guns can't be used by anyone anymore).

There's nothing intrinsically sacred about a gun.

Last edited:
I don't see an issue it was lawfully surrendered firearms and court ordered firearms that were ordered destroyed. It was going to happen no matter what, Benchmade vollenteered their resources to help with the process. I doing so helping out the local law enforcement and local tax payers by doing that for free to my understanding.

I don't see an issue it was lawfully surrendered firearms and court ordered firearms that were ordered destroyed. It was going to happen no matter what, Benchmade vollenteered their resources to help with the process. I doing so helping out the local law enforcement and local tax payers by doing that for free to my understanding.
Yep, arguably this saved the taxpayers money. Good move on their part, which was sadly misunderstood by their reactionary fan base.

All this talk over such a minor thing. Why not address the really important issues of the day, like, "Were they wearing Nikes when they cut the guns up?" :eek::D:rolleyes:

Benchmade is a KNIFE MANUFACTURER that sets up a booth at the NRA show, makes and heavily promotes a line of knives called HUNT, makes a Black Class line of knives targeted to law enforcement, military, and first responders, has a standing discount for those same people, and volunteers services to their local police department -and people on the internet are seriously calling into question their politics around guns and knives? Is this the Twilight Zone?

Give me a break.

Benchmade is a KNIFE MANUFACTURER that sets up a booth at the NRA show, makes and heavily promotes a line of knives called HUNT, makes a Black Class line of knives targeted to law enforcement, military, and first responders, has a standing discount for those same people, and volunteers services to their local police department -and people on the internet are calling into question their politics around guns and knives because they aided in the destruction of firearms. Is this the Twilight Zone?

Same logic. Give me a break.

People getting all bent out of shape over nothing. I’ll still support Benchmade and buy their knives exclusively. Best blades for the buck around.

But why? If it was toxic or bio waste, old gear, broken weapons, or anything else that's required to be destroyed, nobody would bat an eye about this. It doesn't matter what they were cutting up so long as nobody could use it anymore (and legally those guns can't be used by anyone anymore).

There's nothing intrinsically sacred about a gun.
Not to you!! Maybe to me. I just wonder why a knife manufacturer, would go to the trouble of destroying some guns! It’s the dumbest thing I’ve heard. They should have known there would be backlash.

All this talk over such a minor thing. Why not address the really important issues of the day, like, "Were they wearing Nikes when they cut the guns up?" :eek::D:rolleyes:
And of course, I will never buy nike products either!

Not to you!! Maybe to me. I just wonder why a knife manufacturer, would go to the trouble of destroying some guns! It’s the dumbest thing I’ve heard. They should have known there would be backlash.
Because it's the police's job to do so. Just like anything else that routinely gets destroyed. If you find this distasteful and want to buy the guns in order to save them, then go lobby with the Oregon state government to make that legal. Don't blame Benchmade for helping the police do their job, even if you find the job unfortunate.

Benchmade is a KNIFE MANUFACTURER that sets up a booth at the NRA show, makes and heavily promotes a line of knives called HUNT, makes a Black Class line of knives targeted to law enforcement, military, and first responders, has a standing discount for those same people, and volunteers services to their local police department -and people on the internet are calling into question their politics around guns and knives because they aided in the destruction of firearms. Is this the Twilight Zone?

Same logic. Give me a break.
You make it sound like firearms are sacred objects, and somehow above destruction even when they're condemned to be destroyed.

We're pretty much all pro-2A here, but come on....

... people on the internet are calling into question their politics around guns and knives because they aided in the destruction of firearms. Is this the Twilight Zone?

Same logic.

I have to be honest, using my language to highlight your beliefs in bright pink doesn’t seem necessary. Blue, I could see. Or maybe orange.

Guns are inanimate objects. These were mandadted to be destroyed and some tool at the police department thought it would make cops look cool if they took a picture of a piece of trash being destroyed by a big local knife company that was doing them a favor. But instead, it totally shafted Benchmade’s standing on the internet with the myopic, idol-worshipping, 4Chan crowd.

Which is why selecting the right person to handle your social media is a more important decision than some people realize.

The fact that they donate money to the Democratic Party is all the more reason they’ll continue to get my business! Better them than donating money to people whose goal it is to arm teachers FFS.

Because it's the police's job to do so. Just like anything else that routinely gets destroyed. If you find this distasteful and want to buy the guns in order to save them, then go lobby with the Oregon state government to make that legal. Don't blame Benchmade for helping the police do their job, even if you find the job unfortunate.

There are no Oregon laws that say guns must be destroyed, rather it is the local district prosecuting attorney that makes that call from what I’ve read so far. BM didn’t have to “help” the prosecuting attorneys agenda.

Last edited:
I have to be honest, using my language to highlight your beliefs in bright pink doesn’t seem necessary. Blue, I could see. Or maybe orange.

Guns are inanimate objects. These were mandadted to be destroyed and some tool of a police officer thought it would make cops look cool if they took a picture of a piece of trash being destroyed by a big local knife company that was doing them a favor. But instead, it totally shafted Benchmade’s standing on the internet with the myopic, idol-worshipping, 4Chan crowd.

Which is why selecting the right person to handle your social media is a more important decision than some people realize.

Optics. The optics are not good. It is a hot button issue no matter your personal stance.

The fact that they donate money to the Democratic Party is all the more reason they’ll continue to get my business! Better them than donating money to people whose goal it is to arm teachers FFS.
Seriously!!! Ok. But I vote to arm teachers, so do most people I know. Including my cousin who is a principal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back