Benchmade custom shop scales for 586

Hi,

I own a 586 mini barrage. I love it but I'd like to change it up a bit. Does anybody know if you can order the custom carbon fiber scales and black liners from the Benchmade custom shop without ordering a full knife build?

I know I can order scales from other builders but I want to keep it Benchmade OEM.

Hi,

I own a 586 mini barrage. I love it but I'd like to change it up a bit. Does anybody know if you can order the custom carbon fiber scales and black liners from the Benchmade custom shop without ordering a full knife build?

I know I can order scales from other builders but I want to keep it Benchmade OEM.

You can only upgrade your scales/blade etc if you purchased an original custom shop Benchmade. In other words you will have to purchase a custom shop 585 mini barrage and select the carbon fiber scales. That knife would be eligible for future upgrades/swaps.

You can only upgrade your scales/blade etc if you purchased an original custom shop Benchmade. In other words you will have to purchase a custom shop 585 mini barrage and select the carbon fiber scales. That knife would be eligible for future upgrades/swaps.
One of the things I really appreciate about Benchmade is that you're on here and take time to answer people's questions. Thank you.

HI and thanks for the direct response!

I'm not really looking to be eligible for upgrades or swaps (don't want anything free). The 586 is a premium knife with a price tag to match so Benchmade already has my money. I was just hoping I could buy a set of black liners and carbon scales for it directly from Benchmade to keep the knife OEM. The scales and liners exist so I'm having a hard time understanding that policy?

Also, I'm in Canada and can't even build a custom Benchmade through the shop if I wanted to.

Back