Benchmade customer service??

This is a professional company. On their websites, when you email them it tells you that they will reply within 2-3 business days. All of that would be great if they actually did it. I have contacted them multiple time and called and let them know what I emailed them. They said “we will check” I also sent messages on Facebook..... it shows they see it but again won’t reply. 3 or more years ago if you contacted them they were amazing but lately they have takes a shit on customer service. And yet I keep with them hoping it will get better and yet it doesn’t.... I am stilllll waiting for a reply.

Why not call them with your question? I sent them a email sunday and still havent got a reply, called them monday about 4 est time and talked to a person in about 2-5 min.

I havent ever had more than a few days in between email communication to Benchmade about parts, repair or the military discount now with a company like cold steel i never ever heard anything back on parts requests!

I’ve never had anything but good experience contacting BKC over the years, whether by email or phone. In fact, just last week I emailed requesting a few replacement clips for various knives. They responded the next day asking me to call them so they could better help me, since (as most everybody knows) they’re now charging a nominal fee for them. Last Wednesday I called and spoke to Jaya (sp?), who was very courteous and helpful, and by Monday I had them in my mailbox in Florida. Doesn’t get much better than that in my opinion.

I agree, just ordered a deep carry clip for my mini crooked river and the customer service rep was nice and very informative, hopefully i have it soon

I tried using the web contact page twice (for unrelated issues) and didn't get a response, I then tried a direct email and got results within a couple of days.

I had to do the same with Kershaw, no web response but did with a direct email.

Next time I will try calling them as I would imagine that would even be better.

I tried using the web contact page twice (for unrelated issues) and didn't get a response, I then tried a direct email and got results within a couple of days.

I had to do the same with Kershaw, no web response but did with a direct email.

Next time I will try calling them as I would imagine that would even be better.

My experience as well regarding using their web contact form. Never got a reply. Next time I'll try a direct email.

Wait: what is their contact email?

Being outside the USA, I always email Benchmade and the majority of the time receive a reply within a few days.

In regards to actual service (completely limited to parts requests), I've always had very good luck, until recently...

I requested some parts for four different knives, and received incorrect parts for two. Three attempts later, and I still have not received the correct parts (reading comprehension appears to have taken a nosedive as of late). Parts take at least 1 month to arrive, so over four months later, I have a nice selection of duplicate parts for knives I don't have. Thankfully I didn't pay for them.

Being outside the USA, I always email Benchmade and the majority of the time receive a reply within a few days.

In regards to actual service (completely limited to parts requests), I've always had very good luck, until recently...

I requested some parts for four different knives, and received incorrect parts for two. Three attempts later, and I still have not received the correct parts (reading comprehension appears to have taken a nosedive as of late). Parts take at least 1 month to arrive, so over four months later, I have a nice selection of duplicate parts for knives I don't have. Thankfully I didn't pay for them.

I thought they do not ship spare parts at all, asking for a knife to be sent in instead

I've never had issues with both online and telephone contact with BKC service, either a response within 3 days depending on the method of contact and no longer than 3-5 minute wait, respectively.

However, I have a friend who's technically challenged and he always has issues with the online contact, but has never had an issue calling them.

I thought they do not ship spare parts at all, asking for a knife to be sent in instead
I'm talking about the standard parts they will send out for free (handle screw set, male pivot screw, clips, thumb studs).

That's correct, if you reside in the States. However, they have sent internal parts internationally on an as-needed basis. Of course YMMV.

I just got back my custom crooked river that I sent in for the carbon fiber handle upgrade. I mailed in the knife per directions online and filled out the form. I got a prompt response within 2 business days after receipt of my knife with a summary of my request. I was given a 2-3 week turnaround time.

After about a week or so from the email I received, I got a follow up call so that I could provide payment. Then I received the knife in the mail a little less than 2 weeks later. Everything was done according to my request, including no sharpening of the knife. Below is a picture of the knife.
2019-09-18_09-00-24.jpg

I am also outside USA, and have used both the website contact form and international@benchmade.com for pocket clip requests a few times. Every single time, a customer service representative got back to me within 1-3 days. So far, I've only had great experience with Benchmade's customer service.

Just called them this morning with my parts request.All I can say is wow.Can't believe how stringent their new parts policy is now, a limit of 10 a year.

What counts as a one part request - one pivot screw,one set of handle screws,one pocket clip.

They would not ship me a blade pivot, the knife would have to be shipped in.No exception for a Canuck dealing with possible seizure everytime it crosses the border.I even explained my situation.

I was frustrated at how they couldn't send a replacement box damaged in shipping or how I wanted to purchase a fixed blade sheath that I was told to either ship the knife in or go to a dealer to order accessories.

That doesn't sound good at all. Maybe you got someone who is new and trying to make a name for themselves (stickler for policy) and hopefully next time you contact them you'll get a seasoned veteran employee who gives you a break. In either case that doesn't bode well for the future dealings with the warranty department, pretty well not worth the paper it's printed on.

One of the first things they asked,Was this my first time requesting replace parts.I says "Yes"

I also could only get black replacement screws for my griptilian.For stainless steel,I would have to ship my custom shop grips in for handle screw replacement.

If I did that,I may as well change my blades to either M4 or 20CV.

Their policies are just silly:)

Just called them this morning with my parts request.All I can say is wow.Can't believe how stringent their new parts policy is now, a limit of 10 a year.

What counts as a one part request - one pivot screw,one set of handle screws,one pocket clip.

They would not ship me a blade pivot, the knife would have to be shipped in.No exception for a Canuck dealing with possible seizure everytime it crosses the border.I even explained my situation.

I was frustrated at how they couldn't send a replacement box damaged in shipping or how I wanted to purchase a fixed blade sheath that I was told to either ship the knife in or go to a dealer to order accessories.

normally they don't give away internal parts like pivots or washers or they never use to.

Yup, same thing when I last emailed them. 10 parts requests per customer per year. And they will only send pocket clips, clip screws, body screws & male pivots.

Back