Benchmade cuts up guns now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn’t expecting to see this, and I’m disappointed to say the least. What’s the story on this?

m4uwmvI.jpg

There are a lot of reasons why guns would need to be cut up rather than effort being put in to sell them. Without knowing all of the details, it's probably not good to put political motivations on anyone. The world isn't short of SKSs and 870s. You might not agree with all of the motivations or reasoning, but such is the nature of complex systems. If this is something that concerns you, I would suggest reaching out more specifically to both the Oregon City police in regards to their firearm destruction policy, as well as Benchmade corporate to gain clarity, and make sure that this is exactly what you think it might be.

There are a lot of reasons why guns would need to be cut up rather than effort being put in to sell them. Without knowing all of the details, it's probably not good to put political motivations on anyone. The world isn't short of SKSs and 870s. You might not agree with all of the motivations or reasoning, but such is the nature of complex systems. If this is something that concerns you, I would suggest reaching out more specifically to both the Oregon City police in regards to their firearm destruction policy, as well as Benchmade corporate to gain clarity, and make sure that this is exactly what you think it might be.

Whatever reasons the Oregon City PD has aren’t really important. What is important, is why Benchmade agreed to do it and have them publicly thank them for doing it. It doesn’t look good.

Whatever reasons the Oregon City PD has aren’t really important. What is important, is why Benchmade agreed to do it and have them publicly thank them for doing it. It doesn’t look good.
But it does matter. Why would a company not want to be a good corporate citizen, help their local PD with something that they have the tools and expertise to deal with easily? Do we know why these guns were being destroyed? There are a lot of reasons why a service would want a cut up gun, and lots of innocent reasons to cut one up. Maybe they are turn-ins that are not safe to shoot? Maybe they have been defaced and so serial numbers would have to be added, and they have no real collector or resale value. Maybe they are for training purposes? I'm sure there are other reasons.
Is there a difference between this and their LEO discounts?
Its easy to jump to an anti-2A assumption, but without more story, its making a political mountain out of a possibly practical molehill.

But it does matter. Why would a company not want to be a good corporate citizen, help their local PD with something that they have the tools and expertise to deal with easily? Do we know why these guns were being destroyed? There are a lot of reasons why a service would want a cut up gun, and lots of innocent reasons to cut one up. Maybe they are turn-ins that are not safe to shoot? Maybe they have been defaced and so serial numbers would have to be added, and they have no real collector or resale value. Maybe they are for training purposes? I'm sure there are other reasons.
Is there a difference between this and their LEO discounts?
Its easy to jump to an anti-2A assumption, but without more story, its making a political mountain out of a possibly practical molehill.

Benchmade has the only grinder in town? I’d like to hear the story on it, as I said in the OP, but Benchmade is incredibly stupid to let these pictures and their affiliation with cutting up guns get out to the public.

I don’t see an issue with this at all and I’m most certainly not anti-gun by any stretch. They’re almost guaranteed to be seized weapons if the police department sent them in to be destroyed. For all we know they’re murder weapons, more likely just used in conjunction with a crime, though. Benchmade has the equipment to handle it, so I don’t understand why people are upset over this.

This thread deserves pics!

unziRAX.jpg

kizXU1n.jpg

Haha...

Last edited:
We dont 100 percent know why the guns were destroyed. Maybe a little bit of context would be helpful. I also think benchmade could have pulled the pd aside and said let's keep this to ourselves.

I think its kind of funny a knife company cutting up guns. I’m not going inject polical bs into something we don’t know anything about. Guns that police have are often destroyed for various reasons if they can’t be sold. The way they do the destruction is up to them. I would happily cut up guns some dumbass killed someone with and I’m a gun owner.

I think its kind of funny a knife company cutting up guns. I’m not going inject polical bs into something we don’t know anything about. Guns that police have are often destroyed for various reasons if they can’t be sold. The way they do the destruction is up to them. I would happily cut up guns some dumbass killed someone with and I’m a gun owner.
I hope you don’t own any WW1/WW2 milsurp rifles if that’s the case.

BKC better get on top of this FAST! They are already losing customers. People are pissed! Wait till word really spreads.

I’ve already cancelled my order for the GC Bugout until I hear BM’s response. The optics on this are so not good.

There are too many other great knive manufacturers out there for me to remain loyal to gun destroyers.

BKC better get on top of this FAST! They are already losing customers. People are pissed! Wait till word really spreads.

I’ve already cancelled my order for the GC Bugout until I hear BM’s response. The optics on this are so not good.

There are too many other great knive manufacturers out there for me to remain loyal to gun destroyers.

The post has been taken down, but you can't stop the signal. This is taking off like a California wildfire.

I just saw the same photo a few minutes ago and dashed a note off to BM asking for details. I'll wait. Unfortunately I saw the BM Valet featured on a video today and was seriously thinking about ordering. THAT is on hold until the details come out.

Here is a link to their contacts page and their phone number if you are interested in contacting them for yourself.

1-800-800-7427 (you can work through the menu to general inquiries and leave a message if you call after hours)
https://www.benchmade.com/contacts/index/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back