1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Benchmade cuts up guns now?

Discussion in 'Benchmade Knife Company' started by 00ChevyScott, Feb 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bad Ninja

Bad Ninja

Dec 19, 2018
  2. BMCGear

BMCGear Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2014
    Aren't people that act like this usually called snowflakes?
    Kniferights has done some great work for sure. I believe that guns and gun rights are too ingrained in our DNA for US citizens to allow that to happen.

3. braillediver

braillediver Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Look at England- They banned guns then went after the knives.

There's utterly no reason for Benchmade to be part of this.

4. JJ_Colt45

JJ_Colt45 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2014
    It isn't as simple as "they would be destroyed anyway" ... if you best friend decided to go protest knife ownership would you help him make the signs ... and drive him to the protest? ... cause after all he's going to do it anyway right?

Just look at the UK at Australia at Canada just to mention a few ... it may start seeming harmless or small and the "oh I can live with that" ...

but look where they end up ... I haven't bought BM in years and have given 3 away ... but the 2 or 3 I have left ... well they won't be given away nor sold they will be destroyed ... if that bothers some so be it ...

just not buying from BM is a good way to not support their views ... but for something as ridiculously silly as they allowed to let out on this ... I'd prefer to never see another BM in anyones hand ... so no there won't be a "fire sale" ...

and I'm glad to see many understand this is a slippery slope ... and for those who don't and think people who are not happy with BM for not only there destroying firearms but their political donations ... see how much you laugh if they pass laws where you live to slowly restrict guns and knives ... then come to this thread and laugh and say oh this is nothing to be upset about.

5. shinyedges

shinyedges Unfaltering Love & Undeviating Will Platinum Member

Jun 5, 2012
    What so many people miss is that this incident of them destroying guns isn't the main problem. The main problem is that they support politicians who want to disarm citizens and remove their right to protect their family and selves in public. It starts with firearms and goes to knives and when it's all said and done, you need a reason to even have a knife... freedom isn't a reason.

Look at our own restrictive cities and states and see how they treat knife owners after they ban guns...

One leads to the other which ultimately leads to the citizen being disarmed and ruled by a government that kept all the firearms for themselves. Citizens disagreeing with what the politicians decide? Good luck throwing rocks.

lzeplin, Pharmagator, srvctec and 4 others like this.
  6. danbot

danbot Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2009
    IBTL! :D

7. GripnCOLDSTEEL

GripnCOLDSTEEL Gold Member Gold Member

May 10, 2010
    Nope

Pharmagator likes this.
  8. Nobius

Nobius

May 27, 2018
    Very disappointed in this. I have a Saddle Mountain skinner that I absolutely love for hunting and a Bugout for EDC. But I am a staunch supporter of the Second Amendment and will not buy another Benchmade product unless I see a better response from the company.

Pharmagator and 357snubnose like this.
  9. Lapedog

Lapedog Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2016
    The definition of both foolishness and shortsightedness.

shinyedges likes this.
  10. TiHawk60

TiHawk60 Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 30, 2017
    This boggles the brain... I mean WTF... they go to things like SHOT show to promote their brand and meanwhile are making political contributions to the absolute opposite side of the aisle?

11. mannyCA

mannyCA

Mar 19, 2011
    hmmmmm....donating to the party that hates the 2A WHILE selling a product catering (mostly) to those who are pro-2A is not a good combination. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

I'm glad their donation record came to light, buy Benchmade at your peril as your money indirectly is funding the loss of your civil rights.

I know I won't be obtaining anymore BM products, sad.

12. Inazone

Inazone

Aug 27, 2012
    I've been pretty happy with my various Benchmade purchases over the years, apparently immune to some of the QC issues others have encountered. I was going to buy a Presidio with my tax refund - from a gun shop that sells Benchmade knives - but not now. The donations are more damning than the gun destruction photo-op in my eyes, but they do seem to go hand-in-hand when you take everything into account.

Funny thing, my first Benchmade was an NRA "Limited Edition" Rant fixed blade.

jux t, Pharmagator, Dallas T and 2 others like this.
  13. Bad Ninja

Bad Ninja

Dec 19, 2018
    Yup.
    And lie about it too.

Remember, OCPD posted the pics not Benchmade.
    Then after backlash, OCPD deleted the pics, and Benchmade started damage control with more lies about it being "required". It's not, BTW.

They aren't very smart, considering they contradicted the damage control posts on their own website, and Oregon law is easily searched.

They (Benchmade and OCPD) thought this would be a good PR move and would be supported.
    Obviously they were very wrong.

14. Bradass80

Bradass80

Apr 10, 2014
    Well, I'm glad that to have been educated about where Benchmade and Les really stand in their political views. Brad

sliceofaloha likes this.
  15. Lapedog

Lapedog Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2016
    99.9999~% chance Benchmade tries to frame this as them trying to make change from the inside.

They probably get shook down regularly to be able to even produce knives in that state though.

Pharmagator and marchone like this.
  16. jlauffer

jlauffer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2016
    Give an inch and they'll take a mile

17. Cypress

Cypress Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 22, 2009
    I'm awaiting a more official response from the company before I pass judgement. Les no longer owns the company, so whatever Benchmade says next will be crucial.

Were it my company, I'd say nothing further and see where this stands in a week. Springfield Armory went through something this recently, and had to beg consumers back to the brand by offering HUGE rebates on their firearms.

357snubnose likes this.
  18. MittenStateMashers

MittenStateMashers Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 12, 2018
    https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/see-official-statement-below.1644457/

19. Cypress

Cypress Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 22, 2009
    That was a damage control statement made at 10:22 pm last night. There is a whole other facet to this nonsense than helping a police dept destroy guns. Jon de Asis is the owner of the company now, and he has choices to make as far as trying to save face.

MittenStateMashers likes this.
  20. Bad Ninja

Bad Ninja

Dec 19, 2018
    Over $30,000 in donations to Democrats only..for the last NINE years...
    While stating on their website that they don't donate to politicians.

I was born at night ....but not LAST night.

It is what it is.
    Benchmade financially and physically supports an anti 2A position and funds gun grabbers.
    It sucks, but it's true.

From Benchmades website:
    [​IMG]

Donation data:

[​IMG]

Pharmagator, srvctec and 357snubnose like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.