Benchmade cuts up guns now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m amazed and disappointed in the reaction to this without more information. Ready to hate at the drop of a hat.
It's pretty clear what happened, there's no ambiguity in this. The PD confiscated guns, maybe through Red flag laws, maybe unjustly (maybe not, IDK), the ALSO had Gun Buyback surrenders cut up. Leftist optic generating feelgood BS. Perhaps you actually "feelgood" about this?

Maybe when you get falsely red flag lawed you'll have the privilege of Benchmade cutting your guns up.
Yep, and a damn shame, too. Since this is a knife forum, how would the membership feel seeing high end knives cut in two, for no good reason, except to "stop crime"? I guarantee the response on here would be nuclear.

Thanks for your concern. That slides in nicely at about #14,276 on my list of things over which I’ll lose sleep.
Not a big "gun guy" or not a big "freedom" guy? Just curious...

If you can "let this slide" as about a quarter + of the folks responding on here clearly can, how do you feel about Benchmades democrat party/candidate donations? A repetitive pattern, not a one time thing? Okay? All good?
Oops, I guess we confiscated all of the guns, boys, gee, what's next? Hmmm, let me think...

There are so many places in Oregon City that have a grinder, torch, other tools that benchmade has. Why did it have to be benchmade that helped? It’s pure politics because the chief could have done this discreetly. We do it very discreetly and never post it on social media.

Purely politics and show. And it bit them in the ass.

For the rest of you that don’t care, I feel sorry for you that you just don’t get it and are unable to see the bigger picture.

Lobbying is meant to educate and change positions of those with positions you oppose, as much if not more than help elect those with positions you support.

It's pretty clear what happened, there's no ambiguity in this. The PD confiscated guns, maybe through Red flag laws, maybe unjustly (maybe not, IDK), the ALSO had Gun Buyback surrenders cut up. Leftist optic generating feelgood BS. Perhaps you actually "feelgood" about this?

Yep, and a damn shame, too. Since this is a knife forum, how would the membership feel seeing high end knives cut in two, for no good reason, except to "stop crime"? I guarantee the response on here would be nuclear.

If you can "let this slide" as about a quarter + of the folks responding on here clearly can, how do you feel about Benchmades democrat party/candidate donations? A repetitive pattern, not a one time thing? Okay? All good?
Oops, I guess we confiscated all of the guns, boys, gee, what's next? Hmmm, let me think...
Do you know what a straw man argument is? Just curious.

How about “...the myopic and disingenuous...” (to put it euphemistically)?
It eludes me how intentionally obtuse people are, every place that has heavily restricted or banned guns has gone after knives too. Seems rather idiotic as a knife company to donate to politicians whose agenda will eventually harm their own business.

It eludes me how intentionally obtuse people are, every place that has heavily restricted or banned guns has gone after knives too. Seems rather idiotic as a knife company to donate to politicians whose agenda will eventually harm their own business.

It might be a “spare us for now and look elsewhere” donation.

Here’s a tithe to leave us alone for the mean time while you go and harass others. Sort of like one ancient city paying ransom to the Roman army who use the money to go off and sack the neighbouring city.

That is how tyrants always gain power.

How likely is it that a confiscated gun sold by a Police Department to a citizen legally allowed to own it would end up being used in a crime again?? Pretty much ZERO. Really think bad guys buy guns from PDs or good guys who bought a gun from a PD would sell it to a questionable person? A gun bought from a PD? Not plausible.

I understand the legitimate question, but you clearly just made up an answer yourself. I'll go on records as I don't know, but the quoted "dozens" from Portland rep last year seems enough to justify their position and decision.

Doesn't mean I agree with it, but not my decision to make and really don't care what they do in Portland as the people are free to elect who they choose based on their values. Too many other things in life to worry about than everyone on earth doing things I don't agree with. I'll stay where I live and enjoy our un-destroyed guns and gun rights.

But why does it have to be political? These are guns confiscated from criminals and such. The police can’t sell em. They destroy em regularly. What is the “support for the 2A” solution to this? Redistribute em?

Sure they can.
There is no law in Oregon that requires those guns to be destroyed, or that restricts LE from legally selling them.

That is only OCPD policy, and the Police Chief is a staunch anti 2A Democrat.

Many departments auction guns off to law abiding citizens and use the funds to buy equipment for their department.

Sure they can.
There is no law in Oregon that requires those guns to be destroyed, or that restricts LE from legally selling them.

That is only OCPD policy, and the Police Chief is a staunch anti 2A Democrat.

Many departments auction guns off to law abiding citizens and use the funds to buy equipment for their department.

I have my reservations about buying guns from the police. They were confiscated for a reason. Who knows what the previous owner done with it that can bite you in the ass later. Maybe I’m just paranoid.

It might be a “spare us for now and look elsewhere” donation.

Here’s a tithe to leave us alone for the mean time while you go and harass others. Sort of like one ancient city paying ransom to the Roman army who use the money to go off and sack the neighbouring city.

That is how tyrants always gain power.
It's foolish and short sighted.

What a ridiculous thing to say. Put down the pipe and try putting arguments in proper context. Attack of the strawman.

I have my reservations about buying guns from the police. They were confiscated for a reason. Who knows what the previous owner done with it that can bite you in the ass later. Maybe I’m just paranoid.

You are just paranoid.
The sales are 100% legal and done by the book through an FFL.
The gun didn't commit a crime. The person did.

BM supports political hacks who’ll ultimately become as anti-knife as surely and as much as they’re presently anti-gun, BM destroys firearms and allows videos of themselves proudly destroying firearms to hit the internet. This is all I’ll ever need to know about BM. I’m glad I only have one BM product and I’ll be getting rid of it in the near future. It will needless to say be the last of their overpriced, tainted products I’ll ever own. Their penchant for self-destructive behavior amazes me and the feverish but pathetic damage control effort they’re presently trying to mount in their own forum is laughable. Even their rabid fanboy cadre won’t be able to shout this travesty down.

Screw BM’s spotty QA, screw their aggressive overpricing, screw their “we can do whatever we wanna do and screw you” attitude and screw BM. I for one am forever done with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back