Benchmade Fakes, knock-offs, counterfeits thread...

As I was reading a thread about a possible fake Benchmade earlier today, I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread dedicated to these knives in the Benchmade sub-forum....
I ran the idea by Charlie ( RevDevil ) before starting it.

As we all know, the number of fakes knives is sadly increasing for all manufacturers. Some are very obvious, some a very well done.
The intent of this thread is to help those who may be new to collecting Benchmade knives, or even for members who are new to collecting a particular pattern, and could possibly be ripped off buying one of these knives.

We do not have a constant presence from Benchmade here, but I think with a combined effort of the members here, we can help others out. Remember though, we are all human and I don't think any of us here are experts on all Benchmades, myself included...

For those who doubt any information posted here as being accurate, it will never hurt to visit the Benchmade Forum, and post a picture and question there.
They have a dedicated sub-forum for fakes, and there are a number of BM employees who are on the BM Forum regularly, and are very knowledgeable in all of their products.

PLEASE REMEMBER:

* The language needs to be kept clean, and attitudes civil, because everyone can read this...
* Absolutely no links to active eBay auctions, and absolutely no links to any other Chinese online stores.
* If you add pictures, make sure there is no water maks or identifiable info as to where the item came from. No free advertising for these chumps.

Last edited:
I'll start of with this beauty... This knife was recently listed on the big auction site, and sold a few days ago for the ridiculous price of $148.81 :mad:

I sent the seller a very polite message telling him that the knife he was selling was NOT an authentic Benchmade. I explained to him that BM has never used a box that looked anything like his, or made a knife like his... Although, if BM did actually make a knife like that, I would buy one in a heartbeat.

I explained to him that BM has never marked their blades with numbers that were done the way his knife was, and there have been other BM fakes that used the same markings.

He told me that the person he bought it from had a receipt from BM for the knife, but he didn't have it. Noting that he was a new seller, I thought perhaps he was being straight up and didn't know. I told him he could contact BM directly, and they could verify that it wasn't authentic. Much to my surprise, he let the auction continue, and the knife sold. :mad:

_57_zpsec668gdo.jpg

_12_zpsaxvrbi8m.jpg

" * If you add pictures, make sure there is no water maks or identifiable info as to where the item came from. No free advertising for these chumps. "

Thanks for the edit Charlie. I figured there would be something I forgot :D

I've been searching for 1 particular fake that i ran across at a local shop. I found a pic online once before but ain't having any luck finding it tonight. It had a legit number on the blade (470 or 485) but didn't resemble any real Benchmade. From what I recall, it was black with wood onlays, similar to the 2 strips that are generally on Sebenzas, had a funky looking blade and I believe it was a flipper as well. Anyway, I ran across these while searching and figured I'd throw em out there.

Fake Emissary and box. I've seen these boxes in person and they're similar in size to the old school tiny Benchmade boxes, but I've never seen an authentic black class box of that size.

fake%20e.jpg~original

Fake Adamas and box
fake%20a.jpg~original

this one is a fake, not really styled after a Benchmade knife other than the logo on the handle being similar to the old 720 Pardue
fake%207.jpg~original

fake%2072.jpg~original

fake%20722.jpg~original

fake
fake%20b.jpg~original

Last edited:
Those are great pictures... Somewhere I have saved pictures of some of the fakes I have seen in the past, but I can't remember where I put them :eek:

I remember seeing one of those that you referred to as looking similar to a 720 not that long ago.

Fake Mini Presidio 525...liner lock (should be axis lock) tanto (525 should be drop point)

fake%205_1.jpg~original

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c220/bigchief2472000/fake%20525.jpg[~original/IMG]

[IMG]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c220/bigchief2472000/fake%2052_1.jpg~original

Last edited:
You are good at this :D I've been preoccupied getting ready to leave in the morning to go hunting until Tuesday, but can't wait to see how many more pictures are added by the time I get back home.

Some are awfully good, others just awfully. Great pics!

So true... If people are going to go to the effort to fake a product, why not make it as close to the original product as possible ? It does help having so many of truly terrible fakes because it is easier to spot them quickly. On the other hand, people are getting ripped off buying this junk.

So true... If people are going to go to the effort to fake a product, why not make it as close to the original product as possible ? It does help having so many of truly terrible fakes because it is easier to spot them quickly. On the other hand, people are getting ripped off buying this junk.

Sometimes people only have pictures to work off of, literally. They are unable to get the real knife or item into their hands, so they go by pictures or sometimes memory in the worst cases.

the fake 482 Megumi is currently on ebay for 125$ even has the same pictures as the ones 338375 put up in the first post please do not fall for this one.

Sometimes people only have pictures to work off of, literally. They are unable to get the real knife or item into their hands, so they go by pictures or sometimes memory in the worst cases.
Yep, the infidels and balis could easily fool someone that's never handled a real one.

Then again it's important to know your product. There's a core of us that do, but even still. Ditched the photos a couple of years back, there was a 14205 HK clone that surfaced with the 'Ganzo' logo on both box and blade, but aside from that was very hard to guess it was a copy. Right blade shape, very good G-10, and (pretty) sharp. And I agree with Charlie, sometimes prospective buyers Don't have enough to go on.

Good point

the fake 482 Megumi is currently on ebay for 125$ even has the same pictures as the ones 338375 put up in the first post please do not fall for this one.

Yep. I can't believe he listed another one... I really want to contact the winning bidder of the first knife and tell him he paid $148 for a fake Benchmade, and do the same for the poor sucker than wins the current auction

I'll start of with this beauty... This knife was recently listed on the big auction site, and sold a few days ago for the ridiculous price of $148.81 :mad:

I sent the seller a very polite message telling him that the knife he was selling was NOT an authentic Benchmade. I explained to him that BM has never used a box that looked anything like his, or made a knife like his... Although, if BM did actually make a knife like that, I would buy one in a heartbeat.

I explained to him that BM has never marked their blades with numbers that were done the way his knife was, and there have been other BM fakes that used the same markings.

He told me that the person he bought it from had a receipt from BM for the knife, but he didn't have it. Noting that he was a new seller, I thought perhaps he was being straight up and didn't know. I told him he could contact BM directly, and they could verify that it wasn't authentic. Much to my surprise, he let the auction continue, and the knife sold. :mad:

_57_zpsec668gdo.jpg

_12_zpsaxvrbi8m.jpg

Well, the second knife this seller sold, ended and sold for $168 :mad: :mad: :mad:

Back