Benchmade Fakes, knock-offs, counterfeits thread...

How are photos uploaded to a post?

Theres a thread somewhere if you use the search. You can try to upload with the upload file below the text box and then click full image or thumbnail. Or you can use a third party host.

I see the upload pic icon but when I click it it asks for a URL for the pic...I’ve never seen that before.

I've just recently read that there are fake/clones of Benchmade knives circulating in the system and since I didn't purchase my 761 direct from Benchmade I wanted to make sure it is authentic. The reason why I didn't purchase it direct is that it is no longer offered through Benchmade, so that is why I bought it via the AAFES (Army & Air Force Exchange Service) online store. That was my only reason for concern; otherwise, I really do like the knife!

I have a question wrt the clip on the 761...is it normal for it to be somewhat raised after wearing it in your pocket; i.e., when tapped it makes a "klicking" noise when it hits the body of the knife? It doesn't stay flush against the body of the knife after being worn in my pocket...is this normal?

I have a question wrt the clip on the 761...is it normal for it to be somewhat raised after wearing it in your pocket; i.e., when tapped it makes a "klicking" noise when it hits the body of the knife? It doesn't stay flush against the body of the knife after being worn in my pocket...is this normal?

Yeah that's normal. Since the titanium clips do not flex like the standard clips we leave a slight gap so that you can still get the clip onto your pants.

Ok, I give up.

I've googled, I've searched, I've read page after page to no avail; SO, I'm asking here because I'm at my wits end.

I just keep seeing the Benchmade 940-1 listed on places like r/knifeswap that looks real, including the box, but will have both "940-1" and "S30V" printed on the box (see picture below)

DoMS2GT.jpg

Bear in mind that S90V is laser marked on the blade, but the box states S30V.

My question is thus; did Benchmade ever misprint the 940-1 boxes, or am I looking at fakes that are so good the only give away is a goof on cloning the box?

Hmm, that packaging looks pretty legit. It is possible it's a misprint. Do you have a picture of the knife itself?

Sure do, attached.

As I said it looks legit to me, but I'm not exactly a professional. The knife pictured has bugout thumbstuds on it according to the poster. Again, because there is at least 3 different listings that have had similar S30V markings on the box. Some have had the S30V crossed out and markered over. (also attached) is it possible there was just a batch of factory misprinted boxes?

UcVtqr6.jpg
Yy3ngbb.jpg
lB2oegP.jpg

Edit: Missed one and updated details

One of the marked over boxes from another listing.
t1LK8XV.jpg

Last edited:
Not as sophisticated and I am sure you are aware, Ganzo Knives put out some replicas, Mini-Grip, 940 I think...
Saw this on another site, we didn't know actual law but this is still not right and made it known...

Not as sophisticated and I am sure you are aware, Ganzo Knives put out some replicas, Mini-Grip, 940 I think...
Saw this on another site, we didn't know actual law but this is still not right and we made it known...

Ok, I give up.

I've googled, I've searched, I've read page after page to no avail; SO, I'm asking here because I'm at my wits end.

I just keep seeing the Benchmade 940-1 listed on places like r/knifeswap that looks real, including the box, but will have both "940-1" and "S30V" printed on the box (see picture below)

DoMS2GT.jpg

Bear in mind that S90V is laser marked on the blade, but the box states S30V.

My question is thus; did Benchmade ever misprint the 940-1 boxes, or am I looking at fakes that are so good the only give away is a goof on cloning the box?

I just bought a Griptilian 550HG that is like that. S30V is the knife steel. Mine says 154CM but it's the same concept as far as the printing.

Sure do, attached.

As I said it looks legit to me, but I'm not exactly a professional. The knife pictured has bugout thumbstuds on it according to the poster. Again, because there is at least 3 different listings that have had similar S30V markings on the box. Some have had the S30V crossed out and markered over. (also attached) is it possible there was just a batch of factory misprinted boxes?

UcVtqr6.jpg
Yy3ngbb.jpg
lB2oegP.jpg

Edit: Missed one and updated details

One of the marked over boxes from another listing.
t1LK8XV.jpg
The knife looks legit. Dunno about why the box was mislabeled.

Back