Benchmade Fakes, knock-offs, counterfeits thread...

Couldn’t Benchmade be making the later 940s with the spring in a notch instead of a hole? Do any reps from Benchmade respond to these posts?

The one I have is from 2017, I don't know if a rep will chime in. I'm hoping someone more knowledgeable will respond. But I guess my response would be it was a patended design why would they?

here is a video I found which makes the omega spring placement more obvious then my post accomplishes.

The newer 940 liners have the notch for the omega spring like yours has. The older liners had a hole. Also, the patent marking is correct.

Did you view the video? What was he saying about the material is not supposed to go all the down on the counterfeit knife he was holding. Mine does that.

here is a video I found which makes the omega spring placement more obvious then my post accomplishes.

Yeah...that video in incorrect. We changed the liners to add the notch about the 2017 time frame.

Jimmy, I have a question for you. Would you happen to know if the military exchanges (Air Force - Base Exchange; Army - Post Exchange) are certified sellers/dealers for Benchmade Knives? They sell some in the actual exchange store and a whole mess load of them on line? Hopefully they’re all legit/genuine Benchmade and not counterfeits.

Jimmy, I have a question for you. Would you happen to know if the military exchanges (Air Force - Base Exchange; Army - Post Exchange) are certified sellers/dealers for Benchmade Knives? They sell some in the actual exchange store and a whole mess load of them on line? Hopefully they’re all legit/genuine Benchmade and not counterfeits.

Yes, these are legit dealers.

i remember reading either here or on the benchmade forum that newer knives have the omega springs installed in a notch like the above instead of in a separate hole. from what i understand it makes the manufacturing process simpler

i remember reading either here or on the benchmade forum that newer knives have the omega springs installed in a notch like the above instead of in a separate hole. from what i understand it makes the manufacturing process simpler

Correct.

About a week ago I bought this 940 off the off a friend, I figured it was just a really old 940 due to the old logo and the blade steel being 154CM. Everything looks right to be a very old 940, but I want to make sure. I am not a huge fan of the serrations and I was hoping to send it back in to Benchmade for a blade swap, but I want to make sure that it is legit before I send it in. Also, I know I'm missing a handle screw. Pics attached in Imgur link below.

Edit- New Imgur Link

https://imgur.com/a/4eJBmcG

Last edited:
SwQkcP9.jpg

I accidentally won two Benchmade Adamas blades on Ebay and received them on the same day. If I had received either one, there wouldn't be any question about authenticity, since they both look excellent. However, the one on the top has slightly rounder corners, sharper teeth, a noticeably more reflective coating, and larger logos on both sides.
Other than those differences, they are geometrically identical. I'm leaning towards these just being manufactured in different years with slightly different equipment and materials. Thoughts?

Almost forgot to mention... The top blade came with coyote brown paracord, and the bottom blade came with olive drab paracord.

Last edited:
I recently purchased a Barrage 581 and I noticed that there are no screw holes for the clip on the liner. Does anyone know whether BM made a barrage model without clip holes in the liner for this knife?

Last edited:
I recently purchased a Barrage 581 and I noticed that there are no screw holes for the clip on the liner. Does anyone know whether BM made a barrage model without clip holes in the liner for this knife?

Not that I know of. Do you have any pics?

I'll have pictures later tonight. I should mention that the barrage isn't new, it's a "brand used" older version and I found that other owners had liners that didn't have screw holes for the clip in them as well. I did some online research and found pictures of barrage liners without clip screw holes too. Not that it means anything, but I hope that BMK Jimmy can shed more light on this issue later.

Back