Benchmade Fakes, knock-offs, counterfeits thread...

So... I see a green 940 on a Wish.com site. Ready, for 26 bucks. I couldn't present myself as a phony nor dis a good US knife company!
Posted comments like- no box, paper or pouch, we know why -and- something like, the laser mark looks almost real etc.
This is just not right, stealing...

When did Benchmade start putting dates on the box labels? I have a 551-1 that looks fairly legit, but no date on the label and the steel is written as CPM-20CV below the thumbstud. I thought legit ones all said just 20CV and marked to the left of the thumbstud.

the position if the markings changes from time to time. and bm stopped putting the cpm on their blades several years ago, but you will see it on older knives. which fits with there not being a date on your box too, i think they started doing that about the same time.

Not a expert on benchmade fakes, just wanted to make sure im not being dumb and buying a fake?

Attachments

• image (3).jpg
    image (3).jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 50
  • image (1).jpg
    image (1).jpg
    156 KB · Views: 45
  • image (2).jpg
    image (2).jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 45
  • image (3).jpg
    image (3).jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 47
  • image (4).jpg
    image (4).jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 50
  • image (5).jpg
    image (5).jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 49
Hello everyone! I am new hew to this community, just bought a 940-2 here, it's still on the way, but here are some photos from the original post. Just dealing with my paranoia, as I recently got "burned" buying a knock-off product. Can you, please, take a look and tell me if it looks legitimate to you?

https://imgur.com/a/ECXwHAe

Hi, I bought this Benchmade Bugout cheap on eBay...told the guy I'd inspect for authenticity and send it back...I got it in and told him I thought it was a fake. The dude immediately refunded me the full price and told me to keep the knife (What the heck?). Now, I'm looking and the disassembled knife and can't honestly see any differences in my Benchmade Knives with Axis locks.

Is it a Real or Fake?

Attachments

• bugout5.jpg
    bugout5.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 64
  • bugout4.jpg
    bugout4.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 62
  • bugout3.jpg
    bugout3.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 60
  • bugout2.jpg
    bugout2.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 59
  • bugout1.jpg
    bugout1.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 60
Hi, I bought this Benchmade Bugout cheap on eBay...told the guy I'd inspect for authenticity and send it back...I got it in and told him I thought it was a fake. The dude immediately refunded me the full price and told me to keep the knife (What the heck?). Now, I'm looking and the disassembled knife and can't honestly see any differences in my Benchmade Knives with Axis locks.

Is it a Real or Fake?

It's a real bugout. kinda dirty, but in good condition. Carried a lot and rarely use if any.

The most obvious clue is the pocket clip screw mounts are black. All of the fakes I have seen all have silver ones. There are also some other indicators I see that authenticate it for me.

You got a free GRY-1 Bugout.

TXPO

Last edited:
Hey all,

Considering making a purchase of this 940-1 via a local buy-sell app. Attached are the photos included in the ad.

Real or fake?

Screenshot_20200621-021445_OfferUp.jpg

Screenshot_20200621-022317_Textra.jpg

Screenshot_20200621-022317_Textra.jpg

Hey folks! First post here. I just received a 535BK-2 from this same seller Knivesandmoreok on Ebay, and was curious if amybody could confirm that they are in fact a reliable seller? I purchased mine for just a tiny bit under retail, and although i have no real suspicion of it being a clone, after reading a lot more here I've gotten a bit nervous.
I can admit my own naivete, it was a bit of an impulse purchase after seeing a friend's bugout. Ive always carried a knife but only recently began researching and actively collecting, and now understanding the value of purchasing from a reliable source.
My next step is to send this in to Benchmade for authentication, but i was hoping somebody or anybody here could chime in and hopefully put my mind at ease while i await confirmation from benchmade?
Here's the pics of the blade i recieved, any help is appreciated!
https://imgur.com/a/MbPBv04
Please and thank you!

Good morning everyone - This dude on EBay has 100% positive feedback so I messaged him, he said he was an authorized Benchmade dealer and has been for over 25 years. He sells tons of knives, which scares me in some ways and makes me feel better in others. Selling that many knives, you’d think his feedback would reflect it if he wasn’t legit, but his feedback is outstanding. The flipside of selling lots of knives - could be knock offs.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/knivesandmoreok?ul_noapp=true

I was looking at one of these, in particular

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BENCHMADE-...BOX/303245319201?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BENCHMADE-...BOX/303262680142?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

What do you think, too good to be true?

thanks in advance.

Hey folks! First post here. I just received a 535BK-2 from this same seller Knivesandmoreok on Ebay, and was curious if amybody could confirm that they are in fact a reliable seller? I purchased mine for just a tiny bit under retail, and although i have no real suspicion of it being a clone, after reading a lot more here I've gotten a bit nervous.
I can admit my own naivete, it was a bit of an impulse purchase after seeing a friend's bugout. Ive always carried a knife but only recently began researching and actively collecting, and now understanding the value of purchasing from a reliable source.
My next step is to send this in to Benchmade for authentication, but i was hoping somebody or anybody here could chime in and hopefully put my mind at ease while i await confirmation from benchmade?
Here's the pics of the blade i recieved, any help is appreciated!
https://imgur.com/a/MbPBv04
Please and thank you!

Box looks good, foam looks correct, knife looks genuine too, but I don't have a lot of experience with the bugouts. Judging by the box and foam though, I'd say it's good to go!

bought this mini bugout from staeric_72 on ebay. came with Sportsman’s Warehouse return papers and a prepaid return label. complained about it being dirty/scuffed, so he sent another one. Same thing. Complained again and he refunded my money and said to keep them. Real or fake?

2lQTLYP.jpg
udplNTs.jpg
otlFELE.jpg
1yDnjlc.jpg
WKThHSo.jpg

Back