1. Week 49 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 G10
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 G10 + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Dec 7 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Benchmade is CLEANING HOUSE!

Discussion in 'Benchmade Knife Company' started by BMCGear, Dec 1, 2019 at 8:02 AM.

1. jeepin

jeepin Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2003

They shouldn’t discontinue the Contego they should just get rid of all the horrible jimping.

bikerector and Cypress like this.
  2. insta9ves

insta9ves

Apr 3, 2007
    Switching from s30v to 20cv shouldn’t cost too much more, compared to switching from FRN to g10. If you look at benchmade custom shop for griptilian, upgrading from s30v to 20cv only cost $10 extra while upgrading to g10 cost $60 more. G10+20cv combined adds $70 more on custom shop.
    If you look at the MAP price of the standard 551 vs 551-1, the 551-1 cost $68 more, which is consistent with the price increase above.
    If this is the case, I’ll gladly pay $10 extra for 20CV upgrade.

3. BMCGear

BMCGear Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2014
    I'm not on the upgrade to 20cv train. While it should be better most production companies don't have it dialed in yet. Up the heat treat to 61/62 and we're good to go.

willc, tomhosang and Cypress like this.
  4. tomhosang

tomhosang Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 17, 2017
    You read my mind

5. Dallas T

Dallas T Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Anyone ever hear about what’s up?

6. Tundraman

Tundraman

Sep 29, 2018
    How are u guys seeing what is going?

7. Dallas T

Dallas T Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 6, 2013

Look on blade hq and look at benchmades discontinued

Tundraman likes this.
  8. goephoto

goephoto

Dec 3, 2007
    Makes me wonder how much sales are down for benchmade. It's been a tough year for the company. I realize that the majority of models discontinued are combo edges but thats a big list. I'm surprised to see the presidio family go under. The otf's must not be selling good either. They are just too darn high. Oh well, guess thats the price of American made.

9. Benchmade

Benchmade BMK Jimmy - Design Engineer Moderator

Jan 25, 2013
    The company is doing great. Just making way for some very cool stuff to come next year!