Benchmade is CLEANING HOUSE!

That would be cool if they moved away from S30v for their premium models. As long as it doesn’t come with a $50 price increase. I’d be ok with 10 bucks though. They are already overpriced compared to other companies that manufacture knives with similarly materials.
Switching from s30v to 20cv shouldn’t cost too much more, compared to switching from FRN to g10. If you look at benchmade custom shop for griptilian, upgrading from s30v to 20cv only cost $10 extra while upgrading to g10 cost $60 more. G10+20cv combined adds $70 more on custom shop.
If you look at the MAP price of the standard 551 vs 551-1, the 551-1 cost $68 more, which is consistent with the price increase above.
If this is the case, I’ll gladly pay $10 extra for 20CV upgrade.

Makes me wonder how much sales are down for benchmade. It's been a tough year for the company. I realize that the majority of models discontinued are combo edges but thats a big list. I'm surprised to see the presidio family go under. The otf's must not be selling good either. They are just too darn high. Oh well, guess thats the price of American made.

at least a hint ? Just a taste!
We’re like a bunch of junkies lol

Man, I had this long almost story length post ready for this, but I had time to think.

*It's kinda simple. From a business stand point, the person you have in charge of getting new designs & fresh ideas in the hands of your customers needs to be demoted &/or fired. There is too much going on in the knife world for a brand like Benchmade to sit idly by whille sending out product that is far behind the competition. You had the Axis lock all to yourselves & instead of preparing for post Axis Lock, you did very little & now it is showing. Ganzo has the lock now...I just threw up a little in my mouth. Come on! Really? Stop trying to give us the "Bugout" with horrible scales IMO, plain black G10, Ti or CF would've sufficed. Give us something new & exciting. Something that says..."Benchmade is back & better than ever!" I'm still a fan, but not as much. With that mouthful...good luck BM!

*P.S. This the ramblings of a mad person. BM is one of the three brands that got me hooked into this rabbit hole. Curse you BM!!! ;):thumbsup:

583 steel upgrade?
7VZL6CJB

Last edited:
Please tell me there will be some titanium handled balisongs.

How about Ti "Flotanium" ballisongs w/ a damascus blade? I haven't been a balisong person for years, but this w/ the BM name would perk my curiosity.

I'm really enjoying my m390 Contego, I need to go check out some other models. Really would like a custom crooked river, but that will have to wait a little while!

Back