Benchmade is CLEANING HOUSE!

C'mon...Tell us your ideas. We promise we won't shit all over them :D

We would never do that ;)

I was bummed to see the 484 get dropped. Along with the Volli and the 531.

I came to the conclusion that the 531 would be dropped shortly after the introduction of the Bugout. It is a shame really because the 531 was a great knife. An amazing knife if you add a deep carry clip.

I always wanted to see Benchmade offer version with D2 steel and brown scales. That with a FFG blade would be puss.

484 is a superb knife in both versions. Particularly love the G10. Awesome gentleman's knife.

That's why I would likely not put new scales on my Bugout, as my 531 looks after that temptation.

I like the 535 Bugout but, for me, the 531 is the better knife of the two.

Overall, I would say the 535 is the better knife and I’m not surprised that the 531 is discontinued. Disappointed yes, surprised no.

Last edited:
For the most part, meh...good riddance if it allows for new models. BM should have offered earth tone grips with pe satin blades from beginning. Maybe they will. And offer the hi-viz grips in LC200N. Now that would interest me. Lower prices with the customizer would be nice, unless BM starts offering earth tone g10 grips with the high end steels as cataloged items.

For the most part, meh...good riddance if it allows for new models. BM should have offered earth tone grips with pe satin blades from beginning. Maybe they will. And offer the hi-viz grips in LC200N. Now that would interest me. Lower prices with the customizer would be nice, unless BM starts offering earth tone g10 grips with the high end steels as cataloged items.

The problem is that a few of the models discontinued are really great knives.

I must be getting picky in my old age. I am finding few knives that I like and even less that I am willing to spend money on.

Maybe I have just found what works for me. My knife wish list is basically the same as three or four years ago.

Hahaha. Man I wish I could but I have to keep it all to myself for now! :p

I really hope BM releases a bali that is better than the 6x series or the 87. 6x are short, fat, and half a pound. 87 looks goofy as hell, texture is awkward, and the price is ridiculous. You guys could easily make a balisong with a proper length/weight ratio with the weehawk blade for a reasonable price.

I really hope BM releases a bali that is better than the 6x series or the 87. 6x are short, fat, and half a pound. 87 looks goofy as hell, texture is awkward, and the price is ridiculous. You guys could easily make a balisong with a proper length/weight ratio with the weehawk blade for a reasonable price.

Yeah the prices now are crazy to me. And the 60 series with stainless steel handles are $300.00. I remember when you could get the 40 series Bali’s with titanium handles for around $125.00 from dealers. Those were the days.

Yeah the prices now are crazy to me. And the 60 series with stainless steel handles are $300.00. I remember when you could get the 40 series Bali’s with titanium handles for around $125.00 from dealers. Those were the days.

The 6x series was like $350 for a long time, when in reality its a $200 knife. It's a poorly proportioned stainless handle, washer driven bali trying to compete in a price range with HOM, and BRS.

Maybe they needed to free up space/time in order to make destroying guns a full time thing now. They were too busy making knives and want to get back to the gun destroying on a full time basis.

Oh just kidding people lol.......I’m just messin.

Saw this thread, then went and picked up a new BM 556-1 from GP Knives for the price of a used one here on the BST...

Thanks, BladeForums!

[QUOTE="jeepin, post: 19426676, member: 12837]I remember when you could get the 40 series Bali’s with titanium handles for around $125.00 from dealers. [/QUOTE]
Mine was $112 in 2000 with 440C. The 42 started with Sandvik 12C27, then 440C then 154CM. I lost track after that. The price of Titanium soared shortly after.

Back