Benchmade limited edition valet fake?

Hello, I am new to the knife world and found what I thought was a good deal on a benchmade valet limited edition. But after i received it i noticed it said 273/395 and i thought it was a run of 400. Are there multiple runs? Or did I purchase a fake. Also the box does not mention anything about limited edition, which I chalked up to it being bought after market and maybe not being the original boxhttps://i.imgur.com/96POiAO.jpg

YPY8D66.jpg

QIcVWNv.jpg
96POiAO.jpg
EYyiPfs.jpg

I just saw a Reddit ad for one looking exactly like yours advertised as a clone, also bearing the limited edition of 395 on the blade instead of 400. Also, I gotta say the “M390” imprinted on your blade looks oddly placed and spaced compared to every other BM I’ve seen. Usually, that’s to the rear of the thumbstud and the characters a little tighter together. The box, if original, “should” designate it as a model 485-1801 for this limited edition version, which seems a bit suspicious to me as well.

In looking at all the reputable dealer pics of the 485GRY-1801, the “M390” designator is to the right of the thumbstud, contrary to my previous post, but the character font/spacing still appears very off to me.

Looks like a fake to me (knife and box). The thumbstuds on the genuine article are anodized, so they won't chip like one of them is in the photos.

In looking at all the reputable dealer pics of the 485GRY-1801, the “M390” designator is to the right of the thumbstud, contrary to my previous post, but the character font/spacing still appears very off to me.

I agree, also I noticed in all the pictures the thumb studs were a solid color, and in the one I have I can see silver. I guess I will see if I can get a partial or full refund and return it. Thank you for all the help

Agreed. Thank you, I have asked for a refund, but we will see. I guess this was a learning experience if nothing else

seeing as its 273 of 395 and aside from obvious other things yep its fake oooops this is old post

Back