Benchmade new releases?

Been a long while since benchmade did any limited editions... none this year aside from shot show mini freek i believe.. anyone know if any are in the works or scheduled???!

In the past they have released a few new knives and limited editions around the end of August/beginning of September, but I'm not holding my breath this year. They didn't release much in the way of new stuff this year, instead it seems that they've been trying to catch up on production and launching some new marketing campaigns. Maybe we'll see a bunch of new stuff in 2022?

🙃 This is just like NASCAR'S silly season...
Folks start wondering about what next year will bring.
Ain't it fun to watch?

My guess is they are doing just fine financially with their current knives. If they are planning on sticking with the line they have right now I would love to see some limited runs or special runs with different grinds. A hollow ground or even flat ground Griptilian, Crooked River, or 940 would be pretty attractive in some harder blade steel than the old 154cm.

Agreed. I would love to customize a 940. Hoping they add it eventually. A custom Adamas would be really cool too.
Yeah, why hasn’t this happened already!!! I would imagine there’s plenty of 940 enthusiasts out there!!!!!

Benchmade wants to expand their Custom Shop operations...

...but nothing happens quickly at the corporate level.

They're still releasing things they announced back in January. I wouldn't hold my breath for any new releases until SHOT show 2022.

Were the just released kitchen knives earlier announced?

Btw: can‘t find the 580-2 anymore on the homepage…anyone knows, if it is discontinuied?

On the Benchmade Company forum, there is a thread that shows what's kicked to the curb and I believe that the 580-2 is in fact discontinued. It looks (to me at least) like BM is removing certain iterations of models and replacing them with the "customize" feature?

Back