Benchmade pivot is stuck?

I was going to clean out my 950 rift for the first time today, but for some reason I could not get the pivot out. The screw came out fine, but I couldn't manage to push the other side out. Does benchmade loctite their pivots in?

I just dipped my knife into boiling water (I heard that loosens up loctite,) and I had absolutely no success. What could be wrong??

Its the lock-tite they use. Get a tool smaller than the internal thread diameter and just push it out. Sometimes it takes a good bit.

Well I ended up going last resort and hammering the stupid thing out. It worked with no damage done. Thanks for the help.

Does the lock-tite keep the pivot from loosening up as fast or something? I have about 20 BNIB Benchmades, mostly limited editions and did not know they did this. Don't worry I carry all my knives, Just not enough days in the year.

It actually didn't end up having loctite in it. The pivot just had a VERY tight fit into the hole... in fact, I'm having trouble fitting the stupid thing back in now.

It actually didn't end up having loctite in it. The pivot just had a VERY tight fit into the hole... in fact, I'm having trouble fitting the stupid thing back in now.

Hope you got it back in without any damage. Sounds worse than a Sebenza!

Sometimes small misalignments in the scales etc make the very tight. I find that they usually come out easier when the other screws in the scales are loosened off a bit. Also helps when reassembling.

Did you pull back the axis bar while instaling the pivot? if not, this might be the cause of your problem.
I put a toothpick in the axis slot when i am cleaning my knives. it helps a lot with the pivot.

Did you pull back the axis bar while instaling the pivot? if not, this might be the cause of your problem.
I put a toothpick in the axis slot when i am cleaning my knives. it helps a lot with the pivot.

I was just going ask the same question. Pull that Axis bar back.

Yes I did. The hole was just way to small for the pivot. I sat there and worked the pivot back and forth using a hammer and now it slides in a bit easier but it'll still very tight.

Either the pivot hole on liners is little slim/pivot to big/ or to much handle material surrounding it making it tight. Only time have had that happen is on a Bone Collector/Presidio hybrid I have. I actually like the fact that it's tight though. Never develops blade play and dont need locktite. Just gotta tap it out, but is kind of a bugger. If bothers you would send to BM. They'll make it right.

Back