Benchmade Support for Blade Forums

Hey Jimmy, I bought an Impel last month and the fit/finish was perfect, just like the 530 I bought before that. Both knives are great designs and useful. I've been a Benchmade owner since the days when the Spike came out. Keep up the good work! :)

Not trying to stir things up but,

Is it true Benchmade after dissolving the HK line will rerelease some of the previously HK marked knives with a new Benchmade mark as well as an inflated price?

I am kind of wondering why BM got rid of the Harley Davidson, Lone Wolf (much missed), and HK (also missed) lines. Were they not profitable? Lone Wolf was putting out some amazing knives I never got to experience. I am particularly upset I missed the LW Harsey and Defender knives. It now looks like I won't get to experience the amazing HK value.

BTW thank you for coming to the forum. We all appreciate you being here.

Great to see you here Jimmy, thank you for being available to us here on BF.

May I ask, why is there no 943-2?
Given the 943 is still a production model, BM have 943 blades and 940-2 handles. I don't see any development cost involved in providing us with a run of G10 handled 943's.
There are buyers here for a 943-2.
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1427696-Bench-made-943?highlight=943
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...943-the-poor-cousin?highlight=943+poor+cousin

Thanks again Jimmy, looking forward to your input and continued presence here.

Cursum, that is a good question and it would be an easy one to pull off as you suggested.

Not trying to stir things up but,

Is it true Benchmade after dissolving the HK line will rerelease some of the previously HK marked knives with a new Benchmade mark as well as an inflated price?

I am kind of wondering why BM got rid of the Harley Davidson, Lone Wolf (much missed), and HK (also missed) lines. Were they not profitable? Lone Wolf was putting out some amazing knives I never got to experience. I am particularly upset I missed the LW Harsey and Defender knives. It now looks like I won't get to experience the amazing HK value.

BTW thank you for coming to the forum. We all appreciate you being here.
They already have, but they are all autos. The Patrol is now the Casbah, the Turmoil is now the 4600 Phaeton, and the Epidemic is now the 4700. Yes, the cost to the end consumer has jumped dramatically since the HK line was not subject to Benchmade's MAP enforcement, but they are now that they're in the Black Class.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Welcome Jimmy. I have one of the original green 940s and I love it. Also a couple of Mini-Grips of the prior generation. Also great. Hope to get my hands on a Foray someday and maybe the red 319 once they are available here in Canada.

Look forward to your input.

,,,Mike in Canada

I am Canadian and bought my Foray recently. Definitely recommend it!

Welcome to the Forum Jimmy. The short version; it's about time...:rolleyes: but seriously, I think this is great news for all of us! :thumbup:

Three cheers and thanks Benchmade!

...Joe

Welcome aboard Jimmy!

I'm a huge Benchmade fan and own many of your knives. To add to what a previous user noted, Benchmade does a good job with S30V, but after seeing how well M390/CPM20CV in competitor's blades, I wish you would make more knives with upgraded steels. Unfortunately, I haven't purchased any new Benchmade knives in a few years due to this reason.

I keep hoping that you'll release the 531 with an upgraded steel, but I keep checking with no success.

I recommend the OP read all the past 3.5 years worth of threads.

Those are issues with QC, MAP, value, models, dropping H&K/Ritter, etc.

A lot of negatives have happened with Benchmade in the past few years.

Greetings Jimmy :

NICE TIMING !
I just brought this up again the other day.
I love the knife, and super love my Ritter Griptillian, but . . . see the link and my problem :

Here

The cutting performance of the Ritter Griptillian, for me, is as if it were made in Heaven !
Really great.

Thank You Benchmade.

Welcome Jimmy. Its nice to have a design engineer from one of my favorite brands moderating this forum.

Thank you for your reply sir. My wallet stands ready!

Cursum, the main reason we haven't done another 943 variant comes down to volume. The 940 sells nearly 5x what the 943 moves so it just hasn't been a priority.

Welcome Jimmy and great to see BM take an active role on this subforum.
No complaints here just lucky I guess.
Cheers
billym

My question to Benchmade . When are you going to get rid of that ugly first production 10 out of 1000 stamp on the blade . That ruined my 761 .:grumpy: . Love the knife but hate the stamp still new in the box from 3years ago . I still like benchmade but you have to do something about it . Can I get it replaced for free :confused:.

My question to Benchmade . When are you going to get rid of that ugly first production 10 out of 1000 stamp on the blade . That ruined my 761 .:grumpy: . Love the knife but hate the stamp still new in the box from 3years ago . I still like benchmade but you have to do something about it . Can I get it replaced for free :confused:.

Although this doesn't help with your 761, we have recently changed the First Production lasermarks for this reason. You can see an example of this on the new 590 or 560 as an example.

Although this doesn't help with your 761, we have recently changed the First Production lasermarks for this reason. You can see an example of this on the new 590 or 560 as an example.

Looks much better .

Back