Benchmade Volli

I really like the look and the size of this knife, plus it has G10 handles.

Does anybody own one? How do you like it?

I have one. I like it more than expected. It’s pretty slim and carries well. Mine is the SHOT le in m390.

Just picked one up here on the forum. I de -assisted it and i love it. Blade length is perfect and I get a full 4 finger grip on the g-10 scales. I like blade under 3 1/2 "

Thin blade stock and a wide high grind make it one of the better slicers. It’s another model that could’ve/should’ve been un-assisted. Under appreciated model in my opinion.

Mine is in my pocket today. I like the assisted opening BM knives. Lost a mini barrage, still have the full sized barrage and the Volli.

I bought one last week have not carried it yet. It does feel good in the hand and opens rather quickly.

5c06fc4ab7bed3fa4595befc8e2655a7.jpg

I used to have one. I really liked everything about it except for the little finger grooves that made it uncomfortable to use in a reverse grip. It was thin and light, it practically disappeared into my pocket and was so easy to carry, and it had a blade profile built to slice. Unfortunately the blade never seemed to keep an edge. I've had a handful of Spydercos in S30V and never had any issue keeping the steel sharp until I got a Volli. It would take a decent edge but would seemingly lose it overnight after minimal use. I got frustrated after constantly re-sharpening for a year and sold it off.

Mine was probably a lemon and not representative of Benchmade's S30V in general. However my experience put a sour taste in my mouth. I hope you get a Volli and truly enjoy it more than I did.

I had one for a few years. Used the hell out of it the s30v and was my first experience with that steel. The factory edge lasted through so much abuse cutting up everything from slicing/removing entire carpet interior from multiple classic cars(my job as a fabricator/restoration), digging out messed up aluminum & brass repairs, and generally banging the crap out of it! I tend to USE my tools and not lightly! After about six months, I used my newly acquired whetstone “skills” to put an edge back on it. Tried a new edge type on it(convex) and although it was still beast, didn’t Last as long as the factory edge. That’s where I learned the importance of edge type and angle to different steels, heat treats, etc. The Volli in s30 served me so well, I’m a little surprised it’s not as appreciated as it should be imo. Just picked up an m4 freek and looking forward to seeing how long THAT withstands my abuse!

Back