Bento Box Paramilitary 2 M390 coming back in stock?

The Cruwear sprint run for $143 total shipped looks like a steal when compared to this one that isn't even a sprint run. I just can't justify paying that much for a non-sprint.

Clearly you have no legal experience...

It's more that no one bothers to look into the details. With the way the State is interpreting the statute that defines a gravity knife, construction workers are getting arrested for possessing a loose-pivoted multi-tool. It's ridiculous.

The Cruwear sprint run for $143 total shipped looks like a steal when compared to this one that isn't even a sprint run. I just can't justify paying that much for a non-sprint.
I have the Cruwear sprint run but I'm still fighting the temptation for the m390 beauty.
44b45033ae1be5622dae92c3889cc528.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I have the Cruwear sprint run but I'm still fighting the temptation for the m390 beauty.
44b45033ae1be5622dae92c3889cc528.jpg

Believe me, I want one REAL bad. I was actually checking out with paypal thinking it's $189.95 total but when I saw the $220+ total I said no f'ing way!

Believe me, I want one REAL bad. I was actually checking out with paypal thinking it's $189.95 total but when I saw the $220+ total I said no f'ing way!
What's the additional, shipping?
If so you must be out of the states . I know there shipping is high even in the states but that's really high . Must be sales tax also I'm guessing .

What's the additional, shipping?
If so you must be out of the states . I know there shipping is high even in the states but that's really high . Must be sales tax also I'm guessing .

I don't know. They add $13.80 for Priority shipping, no other choice, and the site says that CA has to add sales tax (I'm in CA). All that adds over $30 to the total.

You're only liable for sales tax if you live in the same state where BentoBox inventories their knives, subject to a few exceptions. Where is BentoBox located?

I paid over $300 six months ago for the M390 with blue G-10 scales, on eBay. I'm pretty new at collecting so had no idea at the time that this was a "dealer exclusive." All I knew was that it was out of production and hard to find. I don't plan to sell it any time soon so maybe it will be worth $300 again sometime. The question I have is if it's possible to get a list of Spyderco Sprint run knives, from them or someone else. I also bought the more recent blue/purple PM2 on eBay at a higher than list price, only to see it available from dealers again some months later. Twice burned is enough.

I hear these were going for $50-75 at the seconds sale *sigh.* I picked one of these up at full price and didn't bother to ask my friend that was at the sale for one, for some reason I assumed they didn't do sprints and exclusives at the seconds sale. The one I got from BBS is flawless at least.

You're only liable for sales tax if you live in the same state where BentoBox inventories their knives, subject to a few exceptions. Where is BentoBox located?

Any company operating in CA needs to charge CA sales tax to residents.

It has definitely cost us business though, my friends uncle owns Chris King Bicycle parts (really high end CNC mountain bike parts) and he left my hometown and moved to Portland, OR so their operations wouldn't be taxed so bad by CA.

...question's little off, but it's about Bento and PM2's...can someone explain why S35VN model is 50$ more expensive then S110V model?

Any company operating in CA needs to charge CA sales tax to residents.

By "operating" I assume you mean what I said, the carrying of inventory and/or maintaining a physical presence in CA. I wasn't aware that Bento Box conducted either activity in the state of CA, but I guess they do.

Edit to say: a few posts up someone did verify that they are located in California. I did not know that. Do they have a retail store?

Last edited:
...question's little off, but it's about Bento and PM2's...can someone explain why S35VN model is 50$ more expensive then S110V model?

I think it's better said that they reduced the price on the 110V steel, apparently it's a bitch to sharpen. I have no personal experience with that, it's just what I've heard.

By "operating" I assume you mean what I said, the carrying of inventory and/or maintaining a physical presence in CA. I wasn't aware that Bento Box conducted either activity in the state of CA, but I guess they do.

Edit to say: a few posts up someone did verify that they are located in California. I did not know that. Do they have a retail store?

Unfortunately, by "operating" I mean even a post office box marked for the company in CA means they have to charge CA sales taxes to residents; even if all other operations are out of state. A nice loophole though is companies like amazon if you buy from a third party vendor on amazon that doesn't operate in CA you don't pay tax even though amazon operates in CA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's better said that they reduced the price on the 110V steel, apparently it's a bitch to sharpen. I have no personal experience with that, it's just what I've heard.
I've owned a couple s110v and it's a great blade steel from my use and experience with it . Holds a nice edge and on a leather strop came back quick . But I never let it get dull but I'm like that with all my blade steel.

Back