Bento Box Paramilitary 2 M390 coming back in stock?

I am in NY, as other NY residents have mentioned on here they won't ship here :(. I am willing to add 60 bucks net to somebody (but to discuss it first) for two. i.e. someone gets them, preferably in a state near me to reduce shipping I suppose, and then sends them to me. I think 60 bucks, for probably less than an hour of labor is pretty reasonable. I am hoping someone will take me up on it as I really really wanted this model. Please let me know, lets talk. Also, only willing to do this with someone who has 100% positive reviews and at least 10 reviews. Please only PM me if someone is interested. I live in legal part of NY, not NYC, I tried reaching out to Bento but they are firm, understandably because NY sucks. But these are not illegal where I live in Nassau county, there are only maybe weird restrictions in NYC, even then I think you can still send them, but I understand people saying F NY for NY's stupid rules and to not even bother...completely understand....

I want to move to Florida badly...so sick of this state...lol

Update: Someone is helping me with this, thanks to everyone who reached out, have a great Holiday Season and don't get too trampled running for the newest item on Black Friday :p :)

Last edited:
PM me. I'm willing to help.

I am in NY, as other NY residents have mentioned on here they won't ship here :(. I am willing to add 60 bucks net to somebody (but to discuss it first) for two. i.e. someone gets them, preferably in a state near me to reduce shipping I suppose, and then sends them to me. I think 60 bucks, for probably less than an hour of labor is pretty reasonable. I am hoping someone will take me up on it as I really really wanted this model. Please let me know, lets talk. Also, only willing to do this with someone who has 100% positive reviews and at least 10 reviews. Please only PM me if someone is interested. I live in legal part of NY, not NYC, I tried reaching out to Bento but they are firm, understandably because NY sucks. But these are not illegal where I live in Nassau county, there are only maybe weird restrictions in NYC, even then I think you can still send them, but I understand people saying F NY for NY's stupid rules and to not even bother...completely understand....

come on down....we need more personal freedom lovers to balance out the big city transplants who bring their bad ideas down with them.

come on down....we need more personal freedom lovers to balance out the big city transplants who bring their bad ideas down with them.

Ha, getting close to it man, thanks for the welcoming support. Tired of some of the nonsense up here. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

I was wondering if these newer Spyderco Blue M390's will bring the price down on the worth of the last run of these or will they still remain about the same and the newer ones stay at the regular price?I was just wondering what everybody thinks about this topic.Thanks!

f35aa6e2c737157e3218341179dab7ab.jpg

I tried to resist it but broke down and bought it..wish they weren't so overpriced or id gotten 2 like the jade version.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Lots of hate for BBS here and on the Spyderco forums. I had a great experience with them. They shipped fast and knives were perfect. I guess it's their prerogative to charge whatever they like, particularly with the exclusives they sponsor.

Lots of hate for BBS here and on the Spyderco forums. I had a great experience with them. They shipped fast and knives were perfect. I guess it's their prerogative to charge whatever they like, particularly with the exclusives they sponsor.

Same here. Never any complaints with BBS. If you don't like their pricing, just move on quietly. No one has an entitlement to any specific pricing. If you want command-economy economics, move to China and see how far you get with you bitching and moaning. ;) :eek:

I'm with you and agree 100% 👍

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

My Knifeworks exclusive Military had a detent that tight. I'm debating sending it in for warranty.

I don't have a problem with tight detent as long as it doesn't interfere with normal flipping. As a matter of fact I'd rather have a strong detent vs a weak one thats for sure. Who cares if you can't shake it open lol . That would be my preference anyway 😎

My Cruwear has a very tight detent. I wouldn't want it to be any tighter, but it isn't too tight. It's actually very nice. I ordered 2 BBS PM2s to try to ensure I got a good specimen. One has a good detent (not as strong as the Cruwear, but definitely not loose), the other has a pretty light detent (I can hold the G10 handle and shake the blade out with a strong wrist flick). I would definitely prefer a tighter detent to a looser one (of course something in the middle is ideal). I'll probably end up selling my Cruwear PM2 and looser BBS PM2 and keep the BBS PM2 with a good detent.

My Cruwear has a very tight detent. I wouldn't want it to be any tighter, but it isn't too tight. It's actually very nice. I ordered 2 BBS PM2s to try to ensure I got a good specimen. One has a good detent (not as strong as the Cruwear, but definitely not loose), the other has a pretty light detent (I can hold the G10 handle and shake the blade out with a strong wrist flick). I would definitely prefer a tighter detent to a looser one (of course something in the middle is ideal). I'll probably end up selling my Cruwear PM2 and looser BBS PM2 and keep the BBS PM2 with a good detent.
Let me know if you you decide to part with your extra M390/price.

I paid over $300 six months ago for the M390 with blue G-10 scales, on eBay. I'm pretty new at collecting so had no idea at the time that this was a "dealer exclusive." All I knew was that it was out of production and hard to find. I don't plan to sell it any time soon so maybe it will be worth $300 again sometime. The question I have is if it's possible to get a list of Spyderco Sprint run knives, from them or someone else. I also bought the more recent blue/purple PM2 on eBay at a higher than list price, only to see it available from dealers again some months later. Twice burned is enough.

My guess is that BBS took note of the really high secondary market prices for this knife and ordered a huge run. It's been released for a while now and they not only still have them in stock, but are running specials on them. The price on these will go back up once the present run goes dry, but as far as I know, there's no way public way to know how many BBS ordered. I guess you could call and ask or something to see what they say, but I don't care enough to bother with that.

I don't get why people get so bent out of shape about BBS/secondary market prices. If you don't like a price, don't pay it. No one is forcing you to buy it. People pay what they think something is worth. BBS having an exclusive contract with Spyderco for the M390 PM2 means they control the market. I highly suspect they could charge more for the knife than they are and still sell the whole lot - it's a very high quality, specialized version of a highly collectible item. I parted out an entire collection of sprint/exclusive knives and in the process of researching the value on it, saw M390 PM2s sell as high as $425. It probably wouldn't be good business for BBS to try to sell up there as it's probably not worth their time to have cash tied up in inventory that long, but considering the market will go that high, $190 + shipping is still good value. Not to mention the knife is awesome and BBS (at least for me) has always been timely with their shipping and always delivered high quality products.

Back