Bernard Gorny

Hello everyone.
My name is Bernard Górny and I'm a knifemaker form Poland. I've been making them ro a few years now and I've come a preety long way. I would like to share some of my works here with you.

First one is a Bovie knife from few years ago:
bernard-gorny-noz-typu-bovie-img-f58cu-b.png

bernard-gorny-noz-typu-bovie-img-q67k5-b.png

bernard-gorny-noz-typu-bovie-img-txbka-b.png

bernard-gorny-noz-typu-bovie-img-k7a6t-b.png

This is superb!! Interestingly, I currently have a couple of mated knives from Tom Ferry long ago which are now with another local (close anyway) maker who will be soon working on a sheath for both knives like you have done. We are still discussing just exactly what is to be done depending upon material availability. The knife design and carved sheath are just wonderful.

I want to show you the knife that I made for my dearest friend's 40th birthday. Main inspiration was, so called "Polish Bandit Knife". Despite It's odd shape, it's very ergonomic. That type of knife mostly appeared in Karpaty region but it's often associated with whole Poland. I hope you'll like it as I do.

bernard-gorny-zbojnicki-karpacki-mozaikowy-img-fofhc-b.jpg
bernard-gorny-zbojnicki-karpacki-mozaikowy-img-27mza-b.jpg
bernard-gorny-zbojnicki-karpacki-mozaikowy-img-fbj5b-b.jpg
bernard-gorny-zbojnicki-karpacki-mozaikowy-img-whoxd-b.jpg

Knife - "Spirograph with Wootz"
Really difficult to make, mix of wootz and mosaic Damascus. The challenge was the forging temperature difference of both steels.
Technical Data
Length: 19 cm
Blade: 9 cm, Mosaic Damascus N9E/15N20, crystallite bulat Damascus (on sharp side)
Handle: Hiden tang, Padouk
Guard/Dace: Damascus steel type "explossive"
box/sheath: Hand sewed natural leather

bernard-gorny-noz-spirograph-z-bulatem-img-nh1gf-b.jpg

Back