Besides CPK knives, whaddaya like?

Two of my favorites. A Busse ASH 2 with Ivory G10 that was stripped and re-finished by Josh at Razor's Edge and a Busse Custom Shop Team Gemini LE that has a Red/Black G10 bolster with a lace wood spacer and a maple handle with nickel and copper mosaic pins. The blade has a satin finish with an unsharpened swedge.
svb2Rbt.jpg

jkmyT1h.jpg

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of CRK and Spartan Blades, particularly the ones designed by Bill Harsey. Though my Harsey Hunter was ground by Mr. Harsey himself, my favorite waffles between the Difensa and the TT, based on the aesthetics, as far as fixed blades go. But my Pallas folder (Iovito design) is my usual EDC. I love the option of flipper and thumbstud, as well as the solid lock from a button.

This is my second post to the forum. I've long enjoyed the information available here, but saw no reason to post. However, it was a picture of two knives that I couldn't identify which prompted me to sign up and ask the member what they were. The one that really grabbed my attention was the CPK HDFK, after the poster identified them. Not exactly what I look for, but some research into the Delta 3V, as well as the other CPK offerings, got me excited. I'm looking forward to future sales of the UF, to see if I can get my hands on one.

I'm a big fan of CRK and Spartan Blades, particularly the ones designed by Bill Harsey. Though my Harsey Hunter was ground by Mr. Harsey himself, my favorite waffles between the Difensa and the TT, based on the aesthetics, as far as fixed blades go. But my Pallas folder (Iovito design) is my usual EDC. I love the option of flipper and thumbstud, as well as the solid lock from a button.

This is my second post to the forum. I've long enjoyed the information available here, but saw no reason to post. However, it was a picture of two knives that I couldn't identify which prompted me to sign up and ask the member what they were. The one that really grabbed my attention was the CPK HDFK, after the poster identified them. Not exactly what I look for, but some research into the Delta 3V, as well as the other CPK offerings, got me excited. I'm looking forward to future sales of the UF, to see if I can get my hands on one.
Good Post Betz:thumbsup:Have a go on the friday sales like everybody else:cool:Don't become discouraged if you cannot Grab one, There will be a Pre-order on the UFK at some point;)Welcome again to the Forum

Good Post Betz:thumbsup:Have a go on the friday sales like everybody else:cool:Don't become discouraged if you cannot Grab one, There will be a Pre-order on the UFK at some point;)Welcome again to the Forum

Thanks. Unfortunately it looks like I was a little late to the pre-order party in January. Maybe there will be another? Or maybe one of the long, slow sales I read about? Or maybe not, and I take my chances in the regular sales, which do look like they are fun. In any case, the anticipation has a value all its own.

It was a bit difficult carrying this folder, as the sculpted/carved stainless frame (by Julie) had little jagged thingees all around the black jade that caught on everything.

There's usually a good story surrounding most Warenskis, and the story on this is that the Damascus blade and backbar/surround were made from a billet of the only Damascus that Shaun Hansen had ever given anyone, because Buster Warenski was always giving Shaun and Sharla Hansen the stone he wasted from his dagger handles, which they used in their own pieces. Given as a gift to a friend who was always there, the only Hansen Damascus ever to be found in another maker's knife.

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

Last edited:
It was a bit difficult carrying this folder, as the sculpted/carved stainless frame (by Julie) had little jagged thingees all around the black jade that caught on everything.

There's usually a good story surrounding most Warenskis, and the story on this is that the Damascus blade and backbar/surround were made from a billet of the only Damascus that Shaun Hansen had ever given anyone, because Buster Warenski was always giving Shaun and Sharla Hansen the stone he wasted from his dagger handles, which they used in their own pieces. Given as a gift to a friend who was always there, the only Hansen Damascus ever to be found in another maker's knife.

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

What a remarkable piece

Jose Cabral de Braga - "Amphitrite Creature"

I posted these images probably three years ago or so, but thought I might as well bring this one around again, mostly because I love it, and as I recall, so does Lorien. Jose de Braga is one of the top three knifemakers in Canada, residing in Quebec. He designed/made swords for two of the Highlander movies, including Mario Peebles' sword. He is known throughout the world for his accomplishments and as a film studio swordmaster:

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

Jose Cabral de Braga - "Amphitrite Creature"

I posted these images probably three years ago or so, but thought I might as well bring this one around again, mostly because I love it, and as I recall, so does Lorien. Jose de Braga is one of the top three knifemakers in Canada, residing in Quebec. He designed/made swords for two of the Highlander movies, including Mario Peebles' sword. He is known throughout the world for his accomplishments and as a film studio swordmaster:

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg
I fucking love that!

this arrived today. Consolation prize for daylight savings bluez

A few EDC's. Mosier's and Carrillo.

I have had most of the "overbuilt" folders that have come along at one time or another but none carried as well as the Carrillo. Say what you will about the guy but he engineered them exceptionally well. Still has some smoltz on it from lunch the other day.

IMG_1216.jpg

IMG_1217.jpg

Got me a new hawk from GL Drew. It was forged from an old ball peen hammer. It came with curly maple and hickory handles. My older hawk with the shorter handle and longer beard, was forged from 1080 high carbon steel and it has an ash handle. Now I have two of his hawks. :thumbsup::)
Y1SPMsV.png

OkOUrVz.jpg

0b9aQIa.jpg

furre1x.jpg

Last edited:
Back